Fiery Kisses

Laura's POV

Somewhere along the lines of me crying my eyes out I fell asleep, still in his arms. His warm comfort was all I needed at the moment. My whole world was turned upside down. My whole life... a lie. Cole spoke nothing but painful truths to me, but why now? I can feel his heavy breathing on my neck. Then I realized how closely we lay together, so casually. His heavy arm draped around my waist holding me against his hard body protectively. It's strange because it feels so right like this, here in Cole's arms, against him, where I belong. An incredible warmth took over me and I know he felt it too because he woke up at that exact moment.

Cole's POV

My poor Laura, she cries even in her sleep. I hate that I had to tell her like this but it was necessary. She had to know her purpose. Our purpose.

So beautiful. Moving her hair away from her pale face, I got up from the bed to close the metal shades on the window. The sun will be rising soon. I returned to bed and laid beside my mate. As I drew her closer and rested my chin on top of her head she snuggled closer to me and sighed in her sleep. A feeling of completion washed over me, finally. I laid my head on the pillow and let sleep take me.

I dreamed of my Laura, beautiful and pure, until I felt her stir beside me and a magnificent warmth coursed through me. My eyes snapped open only to find her looking down at me. Somehow she managed to twist on her side without waking me.

She gave me such a mesmerizing look. I could only stare back into her deep ocean eyes. Her beauty is beyond words. That black raven hair sat wildly around her perfectly featured face like black silk. Never have I ever been so captivated by such a woman before and she was made just for me.

Laura's POV

How could such terrifying eyes hold so much beauty and unspoken promises? He lifted his head off the pillow and brought his face closer to mine the whole while looking into my eyes. I could feel his breath on my lips. He placed his hand lightly on my face and brought his lips to mine in a kiss so soft like smooth velvet. I closed my eyes as he slid the tip of his tongue across my bottom lip and he let out a soft groan before sucking my bottom lip between his giving it a playful nibble. My body's reaction surprised me. Heat of another kind filled me, consumed me. With a chuckle he let it go and plopped back onto the pillow. Oh how I loved the sound of his laugh. It did something pleasantly strange to my insides.

My eyes flew open and I saw a smirk on his face. He seems to be very pleased with himself but what he doesn't know is that you don't mess with Laura Flor like that. I made a mental growl and planted my fingers in that gorgeous brown hair of his and grabbed hold. I smiled to myself when that smirk vanished from his face and in its place was a look of shock. Pulling his face back up to mine, I crushed my lips to his, The tension in his body from the shock slowly slipped away and he broke the kiss to look up at me with eyes like fire. Desire burned beep within us both. He gently pushed me onto my back and my hand fell from his soft waves. He was over me in a flash, eyes smoldering. His hair surrounded his face, tickling my cheeks. Oh man, what did I get myself into?