Vampire Blood

Quick as lightning, Cole was there on the bed beside her.

"Please forgive me." he said.

Pushing aside her hair from her shoulders looking into her deep blue eyes, extending his fangs for what came next. Before she knew it, Cole sank his teeth into the side of her long slender neck saying to himself, this is the only way she wont't try to run. Drawing on her neck one long, succulent time, she whimpered once then relaxed leaning into him and let out a soft moan. Backing away he says," Now you must draw mine."

He bit his wrist and lifted her head from his shoulder to raise it to her mouth.

"Drink." he ordered, and she obeyed. Never having this happen before, he winced at her first draw of blood, but the second changed completely from slight pain to extreme pleasure. Trying his hardest to stifle a moan, he failed miserably as it slipped past his lips. Coming out of her blood high, Laura quickly opened her eyes and moved away from Cole.

With wide eyes she said, "Is all this true?"

Laura's POV

He was beside me in a flash.

"Please forgive me."

Confused and frightened, I didn't see him reach over to my shoulder. Pushing aside my hair he looked me straight into my eyes. As soon as i blinked, he was latched onto my neck. Immense pain shot through my neck and shoulder, but then it all changed. Pleasure and an extreme sense of calm washed over me. I can see his thoughts, unasked questions, desires, truths. I saw our future. OUR future? I can't have a future with a... a man that i don't even know. He moved away from my neck and bit his own wrist. Bringing it to my mouth he said, "Drink." I don't know why, but I obeyed. Warm blood flooded into my mouth. So sweet and delicious. It sent sparks flying all over me and I saw him. Our child...

Snapping out of my daze I jerked away. Startled and curious, I asked," Is all this true?"

Desire and hunger burned deep within his eyes. "Yes, it has all been foreseen."

"But why?" I asked "I have a life." even though it wasn't much of a life.

"No, not anymore. Your life will now be by my side under my protection. You may not want it now," he said searching my eyes,"but it will be as it must." With that, he removed himself from the bed and left the room closing the bedroom door lightly without looking back.

Finally released from the beautiful prisons of that creature's eyes, I was able to take in my surroundings. The room he'd left me in was very warm and comfortable. Surprisingly. The walls were plain wood like those in a cabin. On the walls hung paintings of fierce looking creatures that looked like men, but had the same red eyes as Cole. One painting in particular was quite disturbing. A lone brown wolf being torn to shreds by a being that looked like Cole. Rising up from the bed for further inspection I realized a huge mirror hanging on the opposite wall of the bed. I hardly recognized my reflection as I walked over to the mirror. My long black waves were arranged wildly around the top half of my body. The purple smudges underneath my eyes are the indication of my wonderful night. Some great birthday.

The bedside table consisted of only a lamp the color of the midnight sky. The really large bed matched the lamp, bed covers and all and the floor was a polished wood. Looking around once more, I found myself standing at the window, barred window that is. We are in the middle of the woods. How convienient.

Exhaustion taking over me, I walked over to the bed in my very comfortable little prison. As soon as I sat down on the edge of the bed, a light knock sounded at the door.

Cole cracked open the door and pocked his head in. "May I come in?"

"My answer really doesn't matter, does it?" I stated sarcastically.