He lifted his head to meet my gaze. His eyes were filled with fear, frustration and desperation.

"You can do this," I said. Holding his wrist, I carefully pulled back his left sleeve to reveal his Dark Mark, like I had done with Severus two months earlier. With my other hand, I slowly dragged my fingers across the mark. "This means nothing. It is not who you are."

"But-" Draco started to say.

I shook my head and dropped his arm. "You can do this spell; I know you have it in you. You have to believe you can do it. You have a very strong will; I've seen it. Use it to get what you want. Don't give up on yourself."

Draco glanced down at the floor again. It seemed like he was trying to believe me, but he was not quite there yet.

I touched his cheek and gently turned his face so that he was looking at me. "Do it for me." I moved my hand to the back of his neck so that I could push his head down and kiss him forcefully. He responded immediately, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me close to him. I could feel the fire growing in him that would allow him to succeed in this task.

I pulled back and smiled at him, our arms still around each other; his gaze had grown in intensity. "I love you, Draco," I whispered. "Now cast a Patronus."

He nodded wordlessly. We let go of each other, and I stepped back. I watched as he took a deep breath before pulling out his wand. It took him a minute to finally look up and say, "Expecto Patronum!"

A white form began to emerge from his wand, struggling to get out. Then a corporeal Patronus escaped from the wand. It was an eagle.

Draco and I exchanged a look of surprise. We turned to Severus expectantly.

"Excellent work, Draco," the headmaster said. "Keep practicing and you will be able to produce it when needed."

"But why- why is it the same as Crystal's?" Draco asked. "We don't have the same personality."

My eyes lit up in understanding; I grinned.

Severus caught my eye, and I knew we were thinking the same thing. "Like I said before, it is not always personality," he said. "A Patronus is known to often reflect your love for another person."

Draco turned to me, looking bewildered.

I smiled and nodded. "See? You're good." Then I rushed forward and enveloped him in a hug. I could feel the emotions surging through him as he hugged me back. Neither of us said a word; we didn't have to.

"Thank you," Draco whispered when he finally pulled away from each other.

"Anytime," I said just as softy.

Severus cleared his throat, causing us both to turn to him. "That is enough for today," he said. "I will see you both next week."

I nodded. Suddenly, a thought struck me, and I said to Draco, "Just a minute." I left him standing there looking confused as I trotted over to Severus. "You should tell him."

Severus looked at me blankly. "Tell him what?"

I raised my eyebrows. "You know what. The reason you're on my side." He looked like he was going to protest, so I quickly continued, "He could use a little empathy. It did wonders for me."

Severus hesitated and then said, "Fine. I will think about it."

I grinned at him. "Great, thanks. Have a good night." I skipped back to Draco, and the two of us left the office.