Ch. 19 - Finale-

- The Graduation Ceremony -

This whole year has been a strange one, dealing with college applications and career plans, it's been rough but I pushed through. Here we were all gathered in the auditorium preparing to graduate and venture out into the land known as adult-hood. I know it sounds depressing right? Well, in all honesty I've been waiting so long for this moment. It feels so exciting and thrilling all at the same time. 

"Y/N L/N." My name was called as I went up to receive my diploma. I looked to the crowd to see the Matsuoka family screaming and applauding for me, it was a little too hard not to notice. I smiled wide as I came down off the stage with my diploma. After the ceremony was over I ran up to Mrs. Matsuoka who embraced me into a welcoming hug. 

"Ahh to think Gou will be graduating next year too, ahh just all of my babies are leaving me." Mrs. Matsuoka sniffled a bit, but she was genuinely happy for me and it made me feel good. Gou then next gave me a big hug and we took many pictures together. 

Now what about Rin? What about his graduation ceremony? Well Rin graduated a few days ago. Samezuka had theirs earlier that week. 

"Where's shark boy at?" I grinned at Gou, darting my eyes in all directions searching for the swim freak. 

"I don't know, why don't you go search for him." 

And that's exactly what I did. I wandered around almost everywhere trying to search for him. Maybe he was in the bathroom? Nah he wouldn't be in there that long... or would he? I kept searching until I came to the park right outside of my school. Aha! I saw a head full of red hair as I neared the park. 

"Geez Rin, why are you all the way out here huh?" I panted slightly from searching for his ass.

Rin looked up to me a bit startled.

"So, I see your ceremony is finished." He spoke, his eyes softening.

"Mhm. Guess who's an adult now haha!" I looked towards the sky and inhaled the cool air. 

Rin cleared his throat. "Well, I guess it's my turn to do this properly now is it?"

"What do you me-"

There he was as I turned to him, he was on one knee and a small velvet box was in his hand, presenting a beautiful silver band with a diamond in the middle. Simple yet beautiful, just how I liked it.

Tears began to gather at the rims of my eyes.

"Y/N L/N, my best friend, my partner, my girlfriend, the love of my life... will you marry me?" Rin looked up to me with determination in his eyes.

I have never smiled so big in my entire life. I wiped my eyes as I choked on my happy sobs, and chuckled a bit.

I teasingly asked, "Well what do I get out of it?"

He showed off that sexy toothy grin I love oh so much and responded, "A sight you've never seen before."

And with that I tackled him to the ground showering him with my love. God I love this man. Who knew things would be this way.

I parted from my kiss with him and stared into his beautiful red eyes, "Hah that was a yes by the way..." 

Our lips met once again in a more heated kiss, we both smiled so wide into the kiss, that it was a little too hard to even do so. 

" I love you Y/N, more than you even know."

- 6 months later -

The Australian beaches. The ocean connecting to other oceans across the whole world. The sunset loomed over the quiet sea, making it quite calming to admire. I sat criss cross in the sand as I through stones into the water, causing ripples to disturb it. I felt the hand linked with mine tighten. I looked over to meet the red eyes of my husband, looking at me with such love and affection, it made my heart melt. 

For our honeymoon we both decided to go to Australia so Rin could show me all of the sights and so we could get away from family of course. He took me to many lovely restaurants and adorable shops and even to the famous swim center, the one where he would be swimming at for his career in competitive swimming. Oh, not only were we just on a honeymoon there but we were now in our new home. I studied English, and pretty quickly at that, and enrolled at a university in Sydney. I was studying to become a Psychologist, while Rin was scouted for swimming and became a professional competitive simmer.

We are leasing a small apartment in Sydney and so far things have been better than ever. I'm with the love of my life and our futures so far have been amazing. Yes, we know there will be bumps in the road, but we just need to learn from those bumps.

Rin's hand tightened around mine again.

"Something wrong?" I hummed.

"I just want you to know that I love you." He leaned over and pressed his lips against my bare shoulder, trailing kisses up and down my neck and shoulder.

"Geez, you are being so clingy today." I chuckled at his actions.

"Should I stop?" He sent a jokingly threatening glare up at me.

"N-no..." I blushed a bit out of embarrassment.

"Hey..." He began to whisper into my ear, "No need to be embarrassed about these things, we're married now, remember?" He pressed his lips up against my temple and again made trails of kisses to my jaw line. I shivered as his warm breath hit my skin in my sensitive areas. 

"Hey.... Rin..." I became shy.

"Hm?" I looked at me as he stopped what he was doing.

"I... I um.. Geez it's so embarrassing to ask!"

"Don't be embarrassed baby, just say it."

"I want to... try.. tonight..." 

"Try?"

"Yea...." I averted my eyes, my face full on red and hot. Soon enough it clicked, he knew what I meant. I wanted to try to have sex with him tonight. He understood that must've took a lot for me to ask. It kind of made him proud, for me to take such a big step and be willing to do that. It also made him feel happy that I trusted him that much. Then again us two were married so we'd both have to trust each other a lot anyways.

He just smiled lovingly, with his sincere eyes full of passion. "Alright." 

It made me nervous, but I was excited at the same time. Tonight we would officially seal our bond. Sounds corny I know, but it means a lot for us as a couple. I love him and he loves me. 

I remember the time when I hated this feeling. This emotion called love that I thought was fictional and dumb. Boy, was I wrong. Rin made me realize it exists and it's a beautiful thing. I can't thank him enough for that.

"Thank you Rin..."

"For?" He rested his chin on my shoulder.

"Everything."

What if I don't float?

I think I'll float.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE END.

A/N

Maybe a sequel? Who knows. I'll leave that up to you guys! Thank you so much for reading!