Ch. 16

"I love you Rin Matsuoka." I clenched my fist. "So so much..." I pulled him into a hug on top of me and he embraced me back, tightly and protectively.

"How about this then..." He began in a whisper.

"Hm?"

"We get married."

Immediately it felt like my lungs dropped to my stomach.

"M-married?" I didn't know what to say. I just recently managed (barely) to somehow get in a relationship how does he expect me to make a life-long commitment like that now?

"After we graduate high school that is..." He finished his thought after I held in my breath.

Oh... We graduated in almost a year so I guess that gives us time... Wait what am I saying, I shouldn't really be considering this... should I?

I meant every word though... I do love him... not that I probably full-on know what love is but from what I feel I do love him. A lot.

"Y/N I love you more than anything... I know we have had our ups and downs, but we've come pretty far... I've gotten to learn and understand so much about you and I want to continue learning about you and I want to continue trying to make you happy in any possible way I can." Rin spoke so sincere, staring into my eyes like I was his only focus at the moment.

"I want to have a life with you." He finished his words off as he hovered over me the ends of his hair tickling my cheeks.

Being the pessimist I was, I began to have doubts in my mind. What if he left? What if he cheated? What if he got tired of me? What if what if what if? My trust issues may have grown faint but they were still there. I hated that about myself.

"Rin... you might grow tired of me.. I don't want that for you... I want you to marry someone you can be happy with for the rest of your life. I don't think I can meet those expectations, especially with all the shit I've dealt with I just don't know if I can really even have a happy, peaceful life, let alone give you one..." Tears began to make their way back to the rims of my eyes but I tried so hard to fight them back.

"Y/N that's just life though. Of course it's not going to be a smooth ride all of the time but I do know you can have happy moments which are worth while, and what makes you think I'd get tired of you? I love you too damn it seems like an impossibility. Every time I'm sad or mad, just seeing you makes all of my worries go away. If you need my shoulder, just lean on it."

"I-I don't know..."

"Listen... I'm not your dad ok. I will never EVER leave you like he did to your mother and you. I will always be here for you and I will love you till the very end. I will never lie, cheat, hate, or hurt you. I can't even imagine doing those things to you..." He gently snuggled his face into my neck and kissed softly.

It's like he knew what I was thinking and what I was worried about completely. He knows me.

"You don't need to give me an answer now..." He whispered in between kisses.

"Yes."

"Hm?" He lifted his head up from my neck.

"Let's get married." I told him which made his adorable toothy grin appear on his face.

"Alright then." He smiled and then planted soft kisses on my lips.

We soon both passed out on my bed with me tangled up in his warm, protective, muscular arms.

And soon in 104 days we would be engaged.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n

sorry for short chapter oops. um so anyways im not actually going to show all 104 days there will be MANY timeskips so yea you don't have to wait that long lol