Part Eight- Traitor

Holly

I awoke to a scream. Jumping up from where I lay I looked around. Hannah lay gurgling on the floor, her head was caved in and blood was pouring out of her.

My jaw dropped open, standing above her was Catherine, covered in blood with a twisted smile plastered on her face. Rushing forward I tackled her pinned her to the ground. By now the other girls were all awake,
"Help me hold her!" I yelled at the staring bodies facing me.
My voice jolted them back into reality and they rushed forward and grabbed onto her. I let go and picked up a sharp stone, slicing off the hem of my dress,
"Tie her up with this" I said as I handed the material to Zoe who was standing behind Catherine.
Zoe nodded and began to tie up her hands.
Catherine whispered something incoherent,
"What did you say?" I spat at her with a glare. She lifted her head,
"Always. Getting. In. My. Way" she said slowly and deliberately as she glared at me.
"What are we going to do with her?" Asked Molly as she looked down at the mutilated body that once was Hannah,
"Maybe we should kill her. She's killed one, who says she won't kill more? Plus she'll only slow us down" suggested Laila,
"We can't do that" said Ivy quietly, "she needs help, just like us".
"Just leave her here" Zoe said as she pulled on the bonds making sure it would hold,
"No!" Molly protested, "she'll just go back and give us away before we have escaped. It would be better for us to just kill her!"
An argument broke out among the girls, voices overlapped as they all struggled to make their point heard.
"Stop!" I yelled, "if we killed her we'd be just as bad as him! I think... I think we should take her with us."
Molly nodded "we should start walking then. It's still dark but we have a long way to go."

We stumbled down the hill with Catherine being held by Zoe and Laila. We walked on, occasionally stopping for bathroom breaks and switching control of Catherine.
"I'm so hungry" Laila said after hours of walking,
"Hopefully soon we'll come across something" I said peering into the distance.
We continued walking in silence before something amazing came into view; an orchard.

Ivy

"Do you see that!" I asked excitedly,
Everyone nodded, they were speechless.
"Let's go!" I yelled as I began to run towards the orchard. The other girls soon followed, Molly and Laila pulling Catherine behind them.
Reaching the orchard we all started crying with happiness, we were one step closer to being safe.
I reached up above me and picked a bright red apple. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. The other girls followed my lead and began picking and eating the apples.
"This is the best apple I have ever eaten!" Zoe said through her mouthful of Apple. I held and apple up to Catherine's mouth, she slowly took a bite while she gave me a glance that was, almost sad.
Holly raced through the trees, she had been off exploring looking for a house.
"There-I saw- it's over" she puffed,
"What is it" we all asked. Taking a breath she slowed her breathing and collected herself.
"There is a small house over there" she said pointing in its direction "we could get help"
The girls started running in the direction that Holly pointed before I stopped them.
"Wait!" I yelled causing them all to stop and turn to look at me, "we don't know if we can trust them"
"I don't see why not" Zoe shrugged
"I guess we could wait around a bit and scope it out" Laila said sadly
"Well" said Holly straining to think, " there was an area under the house that we could hide in for a bit"
"That's perfect!" I said, "then we could find out who these people really are!"
"What about Catherine?" Molly asked, "she'll probably just make noise"
"Gag her" Holly suggested as she ripped off another length from her dress.

Holly put the gag in Catherine's mouth repositioning it until her cries of protest could no longer be heard. After Catherine was successfully gagged we crept silently up to the house and crawled into the dark space underneath. Footsteps thumped above us, people were definitely home.

We waited for what seemed like an hour before we heard the front door open.
A booming laugh echoed out, "thanks Anne! I really care about my cousins, I'd hate to not find them. I really can't believe they ran off, I guess they never really liked me, they'd say all kinds of nasty lies about me to get away. It's really a shame"
"I know that voice" I whispered to the other girls,
"Of course dear" said a female voice who I assumed was Anne, "I'll let you know right away when I see them. What did you say there were nine of them?"
"Seven. My aunt was a busy woman" the deep laugh rang out again "well I'll be off"
The footsteps trudged down the front steps until long legs were in view,

"I know that voice too" holly nodded "that's the man"

-------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading part eight of innocent games!
Make sure to vote if you enjoyed and maybe recommend this book to a friend!
Comment your favorite character!
XxX