Part Five- Two Down, Eight to Go

Holly

I could hear the grunts and screams of desperation from the other room. I sat strapped in my chair, trying to ignore the smug look on Breanne's face. After I won the second round, thankfully I was stronger than I looked, I was led at gunpoint back into the main room and strapped into my chair, forced to be alone in the same room as her.

Time went by agonisingly slowly, the winner of each round were led in and strapped into their chairs. Each time I looked towards them with anticipation, each time it was not Ivy.

Eventually there were only three empty chairs, the dead girl's, Ivy's and a girl's who I did not know the name of. My hands began to shake as the music for the last round began. Catherine shot me a sympathetic look knowing that I could be about to loose my closest friend here.
The music stopped and I heard a scuffle, the man's sick, booming laughter confirmed it, we had a looser. I squeezed my eyes shut, expecting the worst.
"Ivy" said the man, "take a seat",
I opened my eyes and looked at Ivy. She was covered in scratches and was bleeding from most of them, but she was okay, she was not the one hysterically crying, pleading for the man to let her go.
Relief washed over me but was quickly replaced with guilt, 'how could I be happy when someone is about to die?!?'.

Her death was the most horrifying thing I had ever seen, the man strapped her into her chair and dragged it into the middle of the circle before dousing her in gasoline and striking a match.
"Goodbye Emily" he whispered whith a giggle as he dropped the match into her lap. Her panicked, anguished screams will haunt me forever.  Later when the fire had died down he came back for the charred remains of her corpse and to reposition her chair in our circle. Now there where two empty chairs, one stained with blood and one burned,

Two down, Eight to go.

Ivy

Tears slipped out of my eyes, I was the one who won, I beat her, I was the reason she was dead. She died so horribly. I couldn't even watch, I squeezed my eyes shut but I could still hear her scream in pain, I could still smell the burning flesh, I could still fell the guilt that gripped my heart in its cold hand.
While the man caused this, I was the one who killed her, her family would never see her again... because of me.
We needed to make a plan, and we needed to make it soon, this had to stop.

No one slept well that night, well no one except Breanne, everyone was too unsettled to rest. Between sobs we all had a quiet conversation. 
I learnt the names of the four girls who I didn't know yet; there was Molly who was thin and had dark curly hair, she was walking home from school when she was taken; there was Laila who had a kind face and striking eyes, she was taken when she was walking her dog; there was Hannah who was shorter than the rest of us and spoke very little, the last thing she remembers is getting in a taxi; and there was Zoe, she had blonde hair and blue eyes, and like me she could not remember how, or when, she was taken.
Holly said she was taken while she was jogging and Catherine said that was kidnapped at a party.
'So many people must be looking for us. Will they ever find us?'

"We can't go on like this" I said, "we have to get out",
"How can we get out?, he has a gun, and we're locked up" Zoe whispered
"Besides," Laila added, "how will we make a plan, he might be listening right now, the room might be bugged!", she looked around the room with urgency and then back at us with a panicked look in her eyes.
"We have to risk that" holly said gravely, "Even so, we have to be prepared that there will be at least another game, maybe even two, before we can do anything"
"Breanne will ruin anything if we try, we'll have to hide it from her!" Piped in Molly,
"Or maybe... we'll have to get her out" spoke Hannah who had been thoughtfully surveying the conversation for some time,
"As horrible as that is", nodded Holly, "you might be right",
We came up with every game we could think of and formulated a plan for each, all ending the same way, eventually we ran out of ideas and decided to wait in silence until morning.
No matter what, Breanne had to loose