Part Seven- Undone

Holly

My eyes burned and my wrists were raw, I had been trying all night to get out. I sucked in my stomach ready to let out a sigh and felt the rope around my waist slip down slightly. I gasped, I was closer to getting out.
"Guys" I called to the other sore and groggy girls around me, "my waist rope just slipped down",
I leant forward testing the extent of my new reach.
"Bite the arm bonds off" yelled Molly exitedly, " this could be our chance, the man may have made a silly mistake himself".
I strained against the bonds managing to place my nose on my arm strap,
"Come on Holly! You're so close!" Ivy whispered,
I strained harder against the waist bonds, ignoring the pain from my stomach. Finally my teeth claimed onto the rope on my right arm.
Pulling and wiggling with all my strength I managed to loosen the rope just enough for my hand to slip out. I gasped with excitement and Zoe even stated crying with joy,
I used my hand to undo the rest of my bonds, followed by the bonds of the other girls.
We hugged and cried, we were almost free.
"What do we do now?" asked Laila,
"We get the hell out of here" said Molly pointing to the door of game number three.

Ivy

I looked to holly with admiration, we were so close to escaping, and she was the one who made it all possible. There would be no more games, no more deaths, we could make it home.

It took the strength of both Holly and Molly to open the metal door as well as me when we were closing the door behind us. I don't think I have ever run as fat as I ran up those stairs. We burst onto the oval and ran to the fence,
"Wait!" Yelled Molly motioning for us to stop, "the man was right. The fence is electric, listen",
I strained my ears and heard the faint buzzing of the electric fence,
"How are we going to get out?" I asked looking around for a solution,
"We dig" said Hannah pointing at the ground,
"And fast" I said as I saw the first few days of sunlight begin to rise over the hill, "two days left".

It took us around three hours to carefully dig a ditch big enough for all of us to crawl through without touching the fence.
"I'll go first" holly said nodding to the rest of us "then I'll be able to help through anyone who needs it".
Laying on the grass holly began crawling towards the fence. I held my breath as she slowly crawled under. Finally she reached the other side,
"We are so close" she said with tears in her eyes "come on guys, let's get out of here".

One by one we all squirmed through the ditch, emerging on the other side. Both excitement and fear ripped through me as I had my first taste of freedom.
"Now, we get as far away as possible" Holly said as the helped the last one of us through the ditch.

Holly

My bare feet ached as we trudged through the fields. Before we left we decided it was safest to avoid the road, in case the man left to get supplies, but stay close enough to signal a car if we needed to.
My eyelids drooped and my whole body protested as I kept walking. The lack of sleep and the exhaustion of the mornings' running had finally caught up with me.
"I don't think I can keep going" Zoe said as her knees gave way beneath her,
I looked back at her and nodded, "tomorrow will be another big day, we need to get some rest"
"Up there!" Molly said pointing to the top of a large hill, "we will be able to see if anyone is coming from up there",
Despite our aching legs we all nodded and began walking up the hill.
Huddled in the long grass we made ourselves as comfortable as possible before falling into a deep sleep.

Catherine

'Why do these girls have to make things difficult, they keep getting in my way. Things would have been so much easier if we all stayed, I would have won, and then I could have been with him forever. He would have wanted it that way too. All these other girls are just distractions. Distractions that are about to go away'
I raised the large stone above my head, it was time to end the madness,
"Starting with you" I whispered as I brought the stone down onto Hannah's skull.

-----------------------------------
Woah twist! Did this surprise you or were you always suspicious of Catherine?
Let me know in the comments and leave a vote if you enjoyed!
XxX