Part Two- Hide and Seek

Ivy

I'm walking down a street, the warm summer sun is shining down on my face and the wind whistles through the trees. My hair moves gently in the breeze, and a feeling of peace washes over me. I keep walking on the seemingly never ending street, I have to get home for dinner on time, my parents are expecting me, out of the corner of my eye I see a large black van emerge from a side street.

-------

Looking around the room I saw the chairs, chairs filled with girls. I guessed that I had drifted off at some point while we were waiting for the man to return, and I was not the only one, almost all of the other girls in the room were still asleep, all but one.
The girl who scoffed at the man yesterday and got a beating was awake, she was concentrating on the bindings that held her wrists, testing the strength and trying to slip her hands out.

"Do you think it's possible?" I whispered,
She jumped in her seat startled by my words and focused her gaze on me,
"It has to be, we can't stay here" she whispered back " I agree with you, with the whole needing to escape thing, I think we can do it, it may just take some time. We can't all turn against each other for the one chance to escape, that's what he wants"
"Even if the others don't want to help, we will still be stronger together than alone" I said
"I'm holly" she said smiling at me
"Ivy" I replied with a grin, and for the first time in months a spark of hope was ignited inside me.

-------

"I wonder if they are still looking" holly said Gazing off into the distance.
We had been talking for ages about our families, lives, hopes, secrets, it was almost as if we were old friends, we just instantly clicked and with every sentence, every word, every glance between us I felt more and more assured that we could escape, and escape together.
"I-" I began but was stopped by the grinding of the metal door being opened.

"RISE AND SHINE LADIES!" The man yelled while skipping rather awkwardly into the room.
The rest of the girls opened their eyes groggily, some, which I guess were the newer ones, woke with panicked looks on their faces which were replaced with looks of defeat when the realisation of where they were struck them.
"Who's ready to have some fun?" He said grinning at us all " I hope you all had a good sleep, it's a big day today! Game one, it's one of my favourites!"
Motioning to one of the girls he said "can you guess?", she shook her head, "I said guess you little -"
I yelled out the first game that came to mind, trying to save her from a beating,"Hide and Seek!"
The man turned slowly toward me, a deadly smile plastered on lips
"Correct" He said gesturing towards the wall behind me.
I awkwardly looked behind me, trying to catch a glimpse of what he was motioning to. Lights now lit up the wall and on the wall were more metal doors, nine of them, one for every game.
"Once I undo you all and you step behind the first door you have 100 seconds to hide, first one found" he cut of his phrase with a laugh, "looses"
"What is behind the door?" Asked a girl with red hair. The man turned slowly towards her and smiled,
"You'll find out" he said.

He skipped over to the first metal door and the grinding noise of it opening filled the room. Walking over to each of us in turn we were untied and led at gunpoint towards the door, anyone who resisted or tried to attack him was beaten. Holly and I huddled together waiting for the last few girls to be untied. Once everyone was timidly standing the doorway he spoke,
"Ready, Set, Go"
Turing around all of us ran desperately into the hall trying to find a decent spot.

The metal door was like the front door of a house, there were rooms, furniture, an upstairs, food, bathrooms. The only thing that was out of place was the windows, they were painted on. Some of the girls ran directly to the pantry gorging themselves with food or grabbing as much as they could before running off to find a spot, others ran to the bathrooms, to quickly use them, the once a day bathroom break obviously wasn't enough.

I ran beside Holly up the stairs past all of these distractions, we renamed to the end of the hall and found two bedrooms opposite each other, we split up after wishing each other luck, I ran into the left bedroom and she ran into the right.

The room I ran into was supposed to be a little girls room, there was a small pink bed, teddies placed neatly on the floor, and the walls were pink and white candy striped. There were very few places to hide and time was running out. I ran over to the blanket box at the end of the bed, all that was inside was a blanket. 'Perfect' I thought. I climbed inside and curled up under the blanket trying to make it look as flat as possible. Listening closely I could hear sounds coming from elsewhere in the house and movement outside the room. I lay still trying to calm my breathing and slowing my heart rate when the booming voice of the man rang out echoing around every corner and through every room,

"Ready or not, here I come."

---------------------------

Thank you for reading part two of Innocent Games! I hope you enjoyed! Don't forget to vote and comment. Comment any games you love and would like to see in the book!
XxX