Part Six-The Outside

Ivy

"Good morning ladies!" The man said as he burst into the room with a huge smile plastered across his face, "I'm so exited for today's game, it's a good one!"
Breanne snorted awake with a start at the noise. The man glanced over to her with an annoyed expression,
"Nice of you to join us" he said with a glare, "just for that you can untie everyone".
The man walked over to her and untied her before leaning on the wall watching her untie the rest of us.
"While you're being untied I'll explain the game. It's bullrush, I yell bullrush, you run to the other side, while you run I'll try my best to get you with a knife, first person to drop looses."
I looked over to holly with a worried look, we hadn't planned for this,
'I have a plan' she mouthed to me 'we'll all grab her and push her towar-"
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" The man screamed at holly as he stormed towards her,
"I-I was just telling her that she is going to loose because she is hopeless. I mean she almost lost the last game didn't she?" Holly replied feigning confidence,
"I guess that makes sense" he mumbled as he walked away.
Holly mouthed the plan to the other girls every time the man looked away, by the time we were all untied everyone knew what we had to do.
The man walked over to the third door and opened it, turning back towards us he said
"Don't bother, the fence is electric" before backing up the stairs motioning for us to follow.
I walked up the dimly lit staircase puffing after the first hundred stairs. When I finally reached the top I emerged to see the most beautiful sight I had ever seen. The outside.
My bare feet squealed with pleasure at the feel of the soft grass on my feet. The only thing that ruined the view was the massive metal fence, trimmed with barb wire, that surrounded us.

Holly

'This could be our way out' I thought as I glanced around at the field. Looking farther I noticed that we were out in the county, I could see nothing for miles except fields and rolling hills, no one would ever find us here.
"Let the game begin!" Shouted the man from the centre of the field,
We all exchanged nods and glances knowing what we had to do.
"BULLRUSH!" Yelled the man with a jump,
As if in slow motion all of us lunged towards Breanne and grabbed onto her, she threw her weight around screaming to be let go and thrashing in our grasp. Guilt filled me as I thought about what we were about to do but forced myself to push on.
"Ho Ho, banding together I see!" Laughed the man as we approached him, "very well, if that's how you want to play" he continued with a playful smile before he plunged the knife into her chest.
We let go of her and stepped back as she fell to the ground.
Looking me in the eyes she spluttered her final words "I shou-should have w-won"
The man laughed and threw his head back, before he knew what hit him Molly pulled the knife out of Breanne and rammed it into the mans side. The smile dropped from his face before his hand lashed out and struck Molly on the cheek.
"How dare you" he spat
"get back to your chairs" he said clutching his side.
We all obeyed and went back downstairs and one by one got strapped back in. The man hobbled out, turning towards us at the door,
"Three days" he said glaring at us, "no games, no food, no water, no bathrooms, no visits from me. Enjoy your punishment". He turned away and slammed the door behind him.
"This is our chance" squealed Zoe,
"If we can manage to get out of our bonds" Laila said glancing sadly down at her wrists.