Chapter 8

-Hunter's POV-

I was walking toward the infirmary to check up on Raven. Then I started to hear load footsteps behind me. I spun on a heel to see the scout I had sent to get father clambering down the hall way.

"Sir!" she yelled.

I waited for her to catch her breath when she caught up to me.

"Sir.... Steve is coming..*pant*..tomorrow..*pant*......but he isn't very happy." She said

"Yeah.. I'll deal with that later."

I needed to prepare the citizens for war. But I needed to consult my father first.

I decided to go to the throne room and plan out some battle strategies, but none of them seemed to work, if we really going to have to fight Heriobrine, he is going to have all of the monster population on his side. and they greatly outnumbered us. I started to run my hands through my hair, a trait I got from my dad. I was shuffling through papers when I heard soft foot steps echoing off the walls. I looked up to see Raven, looking worried and happy at the same time.

"Hey how's the hand?" I asked

She held up her bandaged hand.

"Better than it was." she answered

I chuckled and looked back down on the papers.

"Hunter...." she said

I snapped my head up again and she was besides me.

"How did-" i started but she cut me off.

"Lets go somewhere today." she said

"Wha?"

"You know, lets go hang out. just you and me." she faded out at the last part, like she was embarrassed to even say it. A jolt of happiness surges through me. Did my dream girl just ask me out?

"Sure, I'd like that." I said and put my papers aside

She smiled and took my hand.

~Boring walking~

We had walked for a while into the forest, hand in hand. I haven't been happy like this in a while. we finally reached a small lake on top of a hill. I looked on the horizon, laid out was my kingdom. Every cottage and person could be seen from up here. she sat down on the ground and picked at the small flowers that grew here. I sat down next to her and held her hand. it seemed natural, like it was meant to be like this. She laid her head on my shoulder and sighed.

"Hey hunter."

"Yeah?"

"Why must the world be like this?"

"What?"

"I mean, there is so much war and death. But why, for what reason?"

"You know, I actually don't know, all my life I was taught that monsters we evil creatures, but then you just tame them like it is no big deal."

"Well it's not a big deal for me..... I can't comprehend why it's so hard to make peace."

I wrapped my arm around her shoulder a pulled her close.

"I wish everyone saw the world like you did Raven."

She looked up at me with her big purple eyes. we grew closer, and before I knew it our lips connected and we were kissing. it felt like a million fireworks had shot off at once. it was that moment I knew I never wanted Raven to leave. We separated and she smiled up at me. I don't know how long we stayed up on the hill, but I wished it never ended.