Chapter 4

-Hunter's POV-

I woke up with a pounding head, and a stiff back. I didn't realize why until I saw I was in the library.

"Huh.......must have fallen asleep." I said to no one. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and went down stairs to the main hall. when I finally got there i saw Nancy dusting a painting.

"Hey Nancy, where in Raven?" I asked

She spun around and gave me a smile.

"Hello hunter, she said she wanted to go take a walk in the fields so she probably is out there." she said.

"Thank you Nancy." I said as he ran out the door.

The fields were right near the castle so it wasn't a long run. I found he laying on the ground staring up at the sky.

"Er.. raven?" I said

She shot up at looked at me, when she saw my face she relaxed a bit.

"Dude, you scared the hell outta me." she said

I chuckled at plopped next to her.

"So what ya lookin at?" I asked

She pointed upward to the sky

"Clouds." she said

I gave her a look.

She sighed and said

"My parents don't like me to be outside during the day so I never get to see them."

"Are these the same parents that let you wonder through abandon minshafts?"

She chuckled

"Yeah they are."

"You don't mind if I stay here with you?"

"Free country." she said and shrugged

So that's how we spent the afternoon, watching the slowly moving masses of clouds and talking. I can't say it was a bad time, she always had some snarky comment or a rebuttal to my side of a conversation. Normally I would have been annoyed by people like her but she did it in a way that just made me want to smile and laugh. because I was thinking so much I didn't notice the sun start to set.

"Hey I never learned you name did i?" she said

"Oh... it's hunter..... wait a sec were did the sun go?" I asked bolting upright

"It set like 5 minutes ago." she said getting up

"Crap com'on we need to get back to town." I said pulling her along

Dam! why didn't I pay attention to the time? there is no light in the fields so I could already see monsters coming out from caves and overhangs. That's when I saw a green head pop up in front of us.

"C-creeper." I stuttered

"Raven get behind me." I whispered

But she wasn't listening she just stared at the creeper who was slowly making its was toward us. in fact as she stared her eyes seemed to... glow. was it my imagination? or was I just seeing things? She approached the creeper and stuck her hand toward it and patted its head. she started to make a hissing sound, much like the one that creepers make....... Then.... I can't believe this but...... it just walked away. like it didn't even notice us. Raven sighed and turned to me, her eyes we the same and she started to speak.

"See? Sometimes you have to be patient with them and they will leave you alone. There is no need to kill them."

"I-I .... w-what just......how?" was all i could manage. Throughout my life I have never seen something like this. She sighed and grabbed my wrist and dragged me toward town.