Chapter 2

-Hunter's POV-

*sigh* another boring day.

I looked out the window of the throne room. The sun was high in the sky and the wind whipped through the Oak trees. i looked down at my father's Kingdom....... well 'my' kingdom. I had to look over all business affairs in the kingdom until my father got back from a peace mission in South Point. I never liked going to South point, that's ......... that's we're my mother was killed by heriobrine . I shuddered at the memory of his glowing white eyes and blood covered sword. I could never forgive the monster for what he did to her.

I sighed again, and looked at the kingdom that had held my 18th birthday celebration last night and smiled a little.

"Sir! Sir!" one of the scouts burst in cutting off my thoughts.

"What is it scout?" I asked lazily

"Ummm.... sir I think you should see this for yourself.." he said and lead me to town square ( A/N ha get it?) to we're a large crowd had gathered. I pushed through the tired people to get to the commotion. In the middle of it all stood 3 of our best resource gatherers or 'miners'. I looked at the scout

"So? the miners are just returning from their expedition." I said

I looked for the cart the usually held iron, gold and occasionally diamond. But I saw 3 empty carts and one that had a tarp over it.

"WHAT is the meaning of this?" i asked

Johnson, the leader of the expedition, held a finger to his lips to signal silence.

"Wha-?" I asked

That's when I saw the tarp move, and finally shake off. A girl, who looked about my age, clambered off the cart and behind Johnson.

"Sir we found this girl in the mines and she is a bit shaken up from travel."

"The MINES?" I asked, I could hardly believe it. The mines were crawling with all kinds of monsters, how this small girl could come out un-harmed amazed me.

She came out from behind Johnson and stepped toward me.

She was stunning, with close cut black hair, and glimmering purple eyes.

I stubbled to try and find the words to talk to her

"Who- er what is y-your name?" I managed to spit out

"R-raven....." she answered

"Raven.... would you follow me?" I asked

She nodded and stayed closely behind me the whole way to the castle.