Chapter 8

Camila's POV

I walked through the hallways with the biggest smile on my face. I finally got Lauren.

I looked around for a bit before spotting my girlfriend talking to Dinah and Normani.

"Hey baby." I kissed Lauren on the cheek.

I know you're thinking, "didn't you promise yourself that you weren't going to fuck up your reputation by admitting your feelings for Lauren?" But now, I don't really care. Of course I got some hate for cuffing one of the hottest girls in school but it was nothing that I couldn't handle.

"Hey," Lauren lazily waved her hand at me before continuing her conversation. Its been like this for a couple of days now. She became really distant and doesn't really acknowledge me as much as she used to before and at the beginning of our relationship. The girls have noticed this too.

"Laur, you wanna come over today?" I asked hopefully. She looked at me for a second before answering.

"No."

I sighed before walking to class early. I don't know what's up with her.

Lauren's POV

I know what I'm doing to Camila is wrong. I mean, yeah, I do have feelings for her but I can't be tied down.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by a smack on the head. I looked at Normani incredulously.

"Why would you do that?" I asked while rubbing the spot that she hit. I saw Dinah shaking her head.

"Why would you ask that girl out and then ignore her?" She yelled.

"Technically, I didn't really ask her out, I suggested it--" Normani smacked me on the head again. Damn, this girl can hit.

"You know what I mean! Did you see how hurt she was when you refused to come over her house? She's your girlfriend!" She raised her hand to hit me again but luckily, I caught it.

"First, stop hitting me lady! Second, I was over her house the other day." I defended.

"When was 'the other day'?" She said using air quotes. I thought for a while before looking down at my feet.

"2 weeks ago."

"Exactly!"

"Mani, I don't know what to tell you! I can't be in a committed relationship!" I yelled.

"That is the most immature, bullshit ass excuse I've ever heard. Tell her the problem and get it together before she gets too attached to you." Normani rolled her eyes.

"Lauser if she cries, I'm killing you." Dinah jumped into the conversation. That's the first thing she says, really?

How am I supposed to stop her from crying?" I questioned, knowing for a fact that if I tell Camila that I can't commit, she'll cry.

"Figure it out." She shrugged before grabbing Normani's hand and dragging her away. I sighed and went to class. How am I gonna do this?

----------

"Hey, Camz, can I talk to you?" I asked nervously as I approached Camila at her locker. I don't really know how to put what I'm about to say into words that'll make it less painful.

"Yeah babe, what is it?" She said as she shut her locker. I sighed before just going for it.

"I can't commit to you." I said quickly. She frowned.

"What do you mean?" She asked as her eyes began to water. Fuck.

"I-I can't commit to you." I said with my head down. When I didn't get a response I looked up to see Camila's look of sadness quickly turn into one of anger.

"You can't or you won't?!" She yelled, causing everyone in the hallway to look at us.

"Calm down Camila--" I was cut off by an extreme stinging sensation on my left cheek. She smacked me.

"You shouldn't have started anything with me if you were gonna be this way!" She yelled before running down the hall. I heard snickering come from behind me so I turned only to see that it was Austin.

"And you yelled at me when I broke her heart. Hypocrite." He laughed before walking away. I would've kicked him in the dick if he wasn't right.

Camila's POV

After talking to Lauren I ran into the bathroom. I should've known this was gonna happen. I really thought I could change her but I guess not.

I collected myself the best that I could before exiting the bathroom. As soon as I stepped out, though, I bumped into Shawn.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going." He apologized while helping me off the ground.

"It's okay," I smiled at him. Shawn is actually a really nice guy and I'd be lying if I said I didn't take a liking to him when we first met. Actually, if I didn't date Austin I would've been with Shawn.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when Shawn decided to speak.

"I was actually wondering, if um, you'd like to go out with me sometime? I know you just got out of a relationship and, you know what? Just forget it--" I cut him off by kissing him on the cheek, leaving his face crimson red.

"Of course I'll go out with you."

"Okay, um, I'll see you later then." The boy nervously said before scurrying off.

Getting over Lauren won't be easy, but the more I'm distracted, the less I'll think about the girl who broke my heart.