25. Edward and Bella (Picture of a Story Banner)

Chapter 25

•Edward and Bella•

*a day later*

"Hey."

Edward didn't even glance up at the form standing in his doorway.

"Edward."

He looked up, then returned to the book he was reading.

"Please listen to me."

"What is it that you want?" he asked angirly, mad at Bella for bothering him.

"I wanted to know why you won't talk to me," she said, still standing in the doorframe.

"Maybe because you're mad at me?" he stated in the most how-could-you-not-realize-that face.

She motioned for Edward to continue speaking. He rolled his eyes, but plowed on.

"It's not best to anger a newborn."

"But Jasper said I am controlle-"

"But Jasper said," he mimicked. "I don't care what Jasper says."

"But he's your brother," interjected Bella.

"Not technically," argued Edward.

"But still," said Bell. Their arguement had gotten rather childish and you could see it on Edward's face.

"This conversation is foolish. Go away," he said, with a flick of his hand. Edward's eyes returned to his book. Bella stayed put. He ever-so-slowly raised his eyes with an irritated expression.

"Why can't you read my mind?" asked Bella curiously.

"I told you, you're a sheild," said Edward, keeping his golden eyes fixated on his book.

"Yes, but how come Alica and Jasper can use their gifts on me? But you can't?" she asked.

"I don't have time for this," said Edward, snapping his book shut and snatching his paper and pencil.

"What are you working on?" asked Bella.

Edward stormed out of his room, as he was walking down the stairs he called, "Happy? You've got my rolm to yourself, now." He didn't mean it in a literal way, but Bella took it as though he did. She entered.

Edward's room had massive windows such as the ones covering the entire outside of the house. One wall was coated in a bookcase stuffed with Classic novels. The oposite wall was half taken-up by a huge stereo. The rest were various albums and records precariously ordered on a shelf. Bella walked forward and scooped up a random one. She silently read the back.

Edward must of finally payed attention to his senses and smelt Bella still in his room. He rushed up the stairs in a furry, but as he entered the room, calm washed over him. And it was not the effects of Jasper.

Light, happy music was playing softly. Bella was laying on Edward's bed, eyes closed, humming along with the tranquil melody.

"Bella," said Edward softly. She opened a vibrant-red eye and peered at him through it.

"Yes, Edward?" she asked, still bobbing her foot up and down with the rythem.

"I-I'm deeply sorry for what I've done for you and what my actions have caused. Forgive me?" he asked, stepping to the foot of his bed.

"Sure, Eddy, whatever you say. That's cool beans," Bella said seriously while opening the other eye, awaiting Edward's response.

He looked stunned at the utter ridiculousness of her reply. Bella broke out in peals of laughter. He giggles sounded like little birds singing.

"You're... face... is... PRICELESS!" she exclaimed, still laughing deeply.

"When you calm down, I'll return," said Edward, making a move to leave.

"No!" she disagreed. "Stay. I'm calm now. It's all good." She paused so Edwrd could look at her again. "And I thouroughly accept your apology."

"Great," he said.

Then he left the room.

*that night, everyone gathered in the living room*

"He's a house!" called Alice.

"No, he's a chicken," argued Emmett.

"Well it obvious that he's not a dog... because he could just stand tere and the job would be done," said Rosalie.

It had been Alice's idea. To play charades and invite the whole pack over would only be an idea of Alice's.

"Dude, he's a monkey!" exclaimed Embry.

"He always looks like one of those," said Paul.

Jacob was acting out the role of a bulldozer. Either he was failing, or the audience was failing, either way, teasing insults were flying around the room, easily rolling off the lips of one and other.

"Guys! You're over thirty guesses, he is not any of those things," said Alice, mad that no one was taking her game seriously. "And Jasper, he is OBVIOUSLY not a drunk human running from the cops while he robs a bank. You guys need to at least be a little reasonable!" Jasper snuggled a little closer to her which ended her rant with a smile.

"Rosalie, you're up next," said Alice.

"Yeah right, how about Seth gives it a shot." She'd sort of taken a small bit of a liking to Seth. He was just too happy of a person to hate.

"Awesome!" He stood there for a few seconds, trying to think of an idea. He made the cutest face, though. He stuck out his tongue, leaned on one foot, and crossed his arms around hus chest.

Then, Bella suddenly realized what was happening. He's wasn't trying to get a charades idea! "You're a little kid who is thinking!"

"You got it, Bella!" The pack laughed at his ridiculous idea of a charade.

Most of the people in the room had been standing up, but a few were sitting on the furniture. Jacob walked over to Bella, who was sitting on the couch, and sat down next to her, putting an arm around her shoulders.

But out of the corner of Bella's eyes, she noticed something.

Edward was sitting, alone, on a chair. He was staring at her intensly.

Hadn't Bella heard somewhere that if someone looks at you for more than six seconds that they either want to rape you... or kiss you?

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Author's Note: I decided to try something a little different than normal in the first part. It's a little more timid and I let you guys see some more of Edward, as Esme says in Twilight, "before he had a girl, being all hollow and not really connecting with people." Then, I thought it got too serious and added the ending of that plus the little charades thing. I thought of the perfect way to end the book which brings me to announce the news that THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL! Yay! I'm not sure how many chapters are left in this one though, so yeah. Have a nice day, pretty please drop a comment, when you do it motivates me to update quicker. I love anyone who supports this story! Thanks, guys!