11. Invitations For Me, You, and Some Vampires (Picture Of Carlisle)

Chapter 11

•Invitations For Me, You, and Some Vampires•

*before school the next day*

"Bella honey! Wake up! You have a visitor!" called Renee up the stairs.

Bella sat up so quickly and in her haste she fell off the bed, tangled up in her heavy blankets.

At that moment, her visitor decided to enter the room. She couldn't tell who it was, but she knew it was a guy because of the heavy foot falls. He burst into laughter. She knew who it was and smiled.

"You... Look... So....... FUNNY!" said Jacob between laughs. "I mean look at your bedhead! And you're all stuck in the blankets!" He was full-out laughing/teasing her!

"Stop laughing like an idiot and GET ME OUT!" said Bella playfully. He laughed as he tried to untangle her. It took their combined effort and ten minutes, but she was finally freed.

Jacob tried to surpress laughter but failed miserabley. "Ha ha ha," mimicked Bella. She shooed Jacob out, after a brief kiss, and got ready. She found out that he was just there for a little morning visit.

After breakfast, they each had time before heading to their seperate schools, so they sat on Bella'a bed.

"Jake," she began, "Why is Edward running from me?"

"I... don't know," he confessed.

"Oh..."

"Well, you do smell really good. So he may be trying to resist eating you... But your amazing scent may just be because I imprinted on you... I really don't know. I'll ask Seth about your scent and see if you actually smell good." He chuckled.

"Yeah, I bet I smell like a grabage can to everyone else," she joked.

"I highly dought that," he snickered.

But soon, they had to part for school.

*at the Cullen house*

"Carlisle, I'm not going to school today," said Edward.

"Yes you are, I'll drive you uf neccesary and have your siblings keep a close eye on you. I'll let them use their gifts to keep you there," he said forcefully.

"So Jasper will make me happy and Alice will know when I'm going to leave, Emmett will strangle me and Rosalie will use her beauty as a weapon?" asked Edward, adding the sarcastic bit to the end.

"Yes. Now get going before I have to carry you there." Edward walked towards the garage where he boarded the driver's side of his Volvo and drove off with his male siblings in the car with hm. Rosalie and Alice took Rose's car.

*at lunch at Bella's table*

"Omg, guess what!?" gushed Jessica.

"What?" asked everyone unexitedly. Sometimes they just weren't in the mood for gossip.

"I'm having a party!" she exclaimed. Everyone at the table sat up quickly in excitement. This is definately not gossip.

"My parents are going to be out of town friday night and I nonchalently asked my dad if I could have a party, he actually said yes! Well, he had just come home from work and wasn't paying attention to anything, but I got it on tape so he can't take it back!" Jessica took a huge stack of yellow flyers out of her backpack and divided the pile equally, handing each person a stack. She began telling people which tables to deliver their stacks to. "Angela- table one and two. Mike- table three and four. Eric- table five... ehh, not five, they're all nerds, table six and seven. I'll get eight and... uhh ten. Bella- eleven and twelve. Tyler- tables thirteen and whoever else you think should be invited. They have to be cool though. I don't want any losers at my party!"

"Then why is Tyler coming?" joked Mike.

"Oh you're so funny," snapped Tyler.

"I am!?" asked Mike sarcastically.

"No!" retorted Tyler.

"But you just said I was!" whined Mike, playing dumb.

Tyler walked over to his assigned table and started handing out flyers angrily. Mike went to one of his tables with a smug grin plastered to his face. The girls and Eric set off to their tables.

Then Bella noticed who sits at table twelve. The Cullens and the Hales. She walked over to Jessica. "Did you see who sits at table twelve? Edward Cullen sits at table twelve!" whispered Bella.

"So does your new friends," she said.

"I'm only friends with Alice, Jasper, and Rosalie! Emmett scares me and Edward practically runs away whenever he sees me!" hissed Bella.

"Maybe after the party he won't! They probably won't even come! Just give them their stupid invitations!" Jessica walked away.

Bella casually strolled towards the table of vampires.

"I was wondering when our mail-deliverer would arrive," teased Emmett. Bella set five papers on the table while Alice exclaimed, "Hi, Bella!" Edward was hiding his face. Rosalie and Jasper continued their conversation like no one had arrived. Bella walked back to her table and began reading the last invite, which belonged to her-

You Are Invited!

Where: Jessica's house!

When: 9PM - 12AM, Friday

Why: Why not!?

Dress Code: Fancyish!

Please come! Bring as many uninvited people as you can! The more ther merrier!

Angela and Jess sat down. Tyler and Eric were helping Mike pick up all the invites he dropped when Tyler pushed him. Alice and Rosalie walked up to them with their graceful steps.

"Hey!" exclaimed Alice.

"We were wondering if you three wanted to come to Port Angeles with us to go shopping for the party. We're going right after school," said Rosalie.

"Definatley!" said Jess, not even waiting for Angela and Bella to decide, she did for them.

"Great! You can meet me at my car. I'll drive us all there then we'll come back here so you can get your cars." She started to walk off, but was stopped when Angela called after her.

"How will we know what car is yours?"

She turned around, her long golden locks swinging, making a couple boys stare. "I haven't driven it to school yet except today and no one has seen it because I was late... I think you'll know whose car is mine." She smiled a wicked grin that wasn't actually sinister.

Bella was extremely outraged. For all she knows, she could end up being their dinner! She can't say anything to Jessica or Angela because they don't know their classmates are vampires! She can't tell them that they can't go! She also can't just not go and let her friends go, she can't leave them to be eaten!... She could just have Jacob follow behind and watch. But that also means she'll have to tell him about her blood-sucking friends.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Author's Note: I'm rereading the twilght saga right now, so I probably won't make many mistakes, but if I do, tell me! And I've gotton over 1000 reads! Yay! And thanks to everyone who has helped me get there!