7. To Imprint, Is To Love (Picture Of Embry)

Chapter 7

•To Imprint, Is To Love•

Bella finally managed to find her voice. "Ummm, WHAT IN THE WORLD JUST HAPPENED?" she yelled. She would be used to supernatural things by now if this were a different story. She also wouldn't be freaking out so much, but this isn't Twilight, this is Midnight.

"QUIL!" hollared Paul. "WHAT IN THE WORLD DID YOU DO?"

Bella was standing around a couple of her exes, they all happened to be shirtless. Great for her.

"Hey man, I didn't do anything! Blame your friend Embry! He was provoking Jacob!" exclaimed Quil.

"But now she knows!" whined Paul, "And I don't like her knowing our secret!"

"It's no big deal," said Emily happily walking out of the house.

"It's not like Jacob told her or anything!" said Quil.

"I don't think she deserves to know," said Leah Clearwater in her usual mean voice. "She did go and talk to the monsters from Hell. Even though she was warned not to."

"Hey! I think Embry's gonna lose!" teased Jared.

"Ten bucks on Jacob!" called Seth Clearwater, walking out of the house.

"You can't make a bet when you already know who won!" said Jacob, walking out of the woods.

Embry followed him, a massive gash going down his left leg.

All the guys ran up to Jacob. He started to go through the fight in detail. They do this all the time.

Embry went over to Emily, complaining that his wound was still bleeding and he didn't want to suffer blood loss. Emily told him she'd clean it up and they went inside.

Jacob was in mid-disscusion when he noticed Quil was there. "Quil, where's Bella?"

The guys made a pathway so Jacob could see Bella.

"Bells," he began. All the wolves filtered into the kitchen so they could talk.

"Bells, I'm so sorry," he said. "I should of told you..."

"No Jacob, you couldn't, but why exactly couldn't you?" inquired Bella.

"Well, if the pack leader gives us an order, like don't tell anyone that we're wolves, we have to follow it, we can't break it."

"And the pack leader is?" asked Bella with big expectations.

"Sam Uley." As Jacob said that, Sam himself walked out of the woods with a trashbag filled with ripped clothes.

"Welcome to the club," he grumbled and walked inside.

"Bella," said Jacob under his breath and got closer.

"Why did you warn me about the Cullens?" She cut him off.

"Well, the Cullens are also know as the blood-suckers or the cold-blooded. They don't actually have blood, though. They drink it. The Cullen family isn't a family of Americans, they're a coven of vampires."

Bella just stood there in shock. There are werewolves... and now there are vampires!

"A long time ago, during the time of my ancestors, not sure which ones, but anyway... A long time ago, the Cullens moved here. We didn't want them to hunt on our land- so we made a treaty. They can't hunt on our land and we won't hurt them. There was a couple other things in it, too. I can't quite remember them, though..."

"But Jake," began Bella.

Now it was Jacob's turn to cut her off. "Shhh." He moved closer and they kissed.