2.6: When The Languages You Know Are Limited

Magsimula sa umpisa

Alex was, through it all, still managed to be calm as Sith. "I think that my face is handsome enough to not warrant the 'fuckface' moniker."

"You invited April to your house!"

"I invited her to a party," Alex stressed. "Which, by the way, is open only to Greenville's students."

I made a mental note at how smart Alex was to imply that Ryder was not welcome here.

Ryder took a deep breath, and then with great difficulty Alex's collar down. "You're seriously pissing me off."

"I'm aware of that," Alex was still smiling, which for some reason made Ryder's mouth twitched even more. "But you're in my house so... behave."

Ryder exhaled once again, and then said in a demanding tone. "Someone get me a drink!"

Within ten seconds, there were a few red cups handed on Ryder's direction. Ryder took one of them and gulped the contents in a single thrust.

Alex whistled. "I'm still amazed that you have that kind of presence."

I already backed away a total of five steps and a half from Ryder. Instinctively, he had drilled within me that he wouldn't hurt me and that I should always feel safe around him, but whenever his Inner Darkness emerged, I couldn't help but whimper.

"Let me remind you that anytime I want, I can break all 264 of your bones," Ryder said menacingly to Alex. I didn't doubt his capabilities for one second.

"I know," Alex said, ignoring the fact that there was actually 206 bones in a human body. "Look, the reason why I invited April here is because I know she'll make a lot of new friends tonight."

"Bullshit."

"I know that you don't need anyone, Ryder. But maybe April needs to widen her circle of friends. People think she's cool."

"Fuck your circle. She's doing just fine."

Alex cringed a bit, but he managed to maintain his smile. "I don't understand why you're so mean to me. Your girl's scared out of her life."

"Fine I am," I mustered the last vestige of energy within me just to say that, but still old habits die hard. "No... No... I mean... worry about me you don't need to."

Despite the music, despite the constant thumping of some people dancing, I could hear some people whispering each other atrocities about Ryder.

"He's like loose canon!"

"I actually like those type of men. So hot."

"Not if he loses control all the time."

"He's so scary..!"

Ryder looked at me with his deep brown eyes. His hand was mid air, as if trying to reach for me, but no matter how much I willed myself, I couldn't go towards him.

And because I didn't want to faint the second time because of Ryder, I turned away and ran.

-

-

-

For some reason, I ended up in a secluded room on the third floor (Alex's house was so big it practically had an elevator, but I didn't use it because there was a couple was doing synchronized pushup without underwear.). I was a bit out of breath since cardio had never been my forte, but ultimately a little more relieved because I found myself to be alone here.

The dimmed sound of the party was still blaring from underneath. It bothered me a bit, especially since I was very well aware that I had just left a very angry and very red-looking Ryder downstairs.