(12) Starbucks

||AZACIA'S POV||

The following morning, I dress in a black denim skirt dungaree and a red crop top. I pair this with my black heel boots and I'm ready to go. "Josie, let's go," I say, banging on her room door. When there's no reply, I enter.
"Just go without me, Az. I'm not going to school." She says, looking down at her hands.
"Will you be okay on your own?" I ask her.
She nods. "And do you promise not to cut? As soon as I get home, we're having a discussion,"
She nods again.
"Do mom and dad know?" I ask her. Still looking down at her hands, she shakes her head.
"Look at me, damnit," I scream at her. Slowly, she looks at me, eyes wide in shock and fear.
"Listen, Jo. I love you so much and there's nothing you could ever do for me to love you less, okay? This is just a bump in the road, but I promise we'll get through it. Now I'll tell mom and dad you're not feeling well and you stay put till I get home," I say, leaving her room and running downstairs. "Hey, dad, Josie isn't feeling well, she's kind of pale and queasy, so she's staying at home, alright?" I tell him in a firm tone. "Alright," he says. Smiling, I grab my blue mermaid tote bag and get into my car.

When I pull into school and look at the clock in my car I realize I'm early. Jumping out I enter school and walk straight to my locker. When I turn around, Grayson grins at me. "Hey, gorgeous,"
"Hey, Beast," I grin back.
"You feel like school today?" He asks, as I turn back around to my locker. "Not really," I say, taking my phone out my tote bag, before shoving it in my locker.
"Let's get out of here, then," he says, holding out his arm. "Ariel?"
I hook my elbow into his. "Why thank you, Beast," Together, we make our way to my car. "I believe it's my turn to take you to my coffee house," I say, strapping in my seatbelt.
Grayson nods and I start the engine, driving off in the direction of my "coffee house".

"You call this your coffee house?" Grayson asks, a disgraceful look on his face. I laugh sheepishly. "I know. Disdainful, but it's the best I've got,"
We're standing outside of a Starbucks right now. Grayson is pretty ashamed of me and I honestly feel ashamed.
"At least try it," I tell him, nudging him closer. He groans. "Fine, but no promises that I'll like it,"
Together, we walk inside and stand in the line. It's pretty empty, since it's mostly a few adults present. Everyone else is either working or at school.
"Can we please have 2 vanilla bean frappuccinos?" I ask. The cashier nods, and smiles at me. Grayson and I then head off in the direction of a booth.

"You're so basic," I hear Grayson mutter under his breathe. "Excuse me?!" I say, shoving him hard with my shoulder. He grins. "You heard me,"
"I'm not basic," I defend.
"Prove it," he says, getting in my face, his nose touching mine. I take a deep breathe. "Fine," I say, grabbing the frappuccinos. "Drink this on the way there," I say, shoving it in his hands as we walk to my car.  "You're hot when you're demanding," Grayson comments. "Please, I'm hot at everything I do," I reply.  He chuckles.
"So, where are we going?" He asks.
"It's a surprise, Lively," I wink. 

"Princess, why are we at a grocery store?" Grayson asks. I laugh. "We're buying eggplants," I smile.
"Okay, but why are we doing that?"
"You'll see," I say, carrying the basket to the cash up section. As the guy begins scanning them, he smiles at me. Grayson protectively wraps his arm around my waist. "That's one pretty girl you have there. You're quite a cute couple," 
"You think?" I smile. "I just love him so much," I say, rubbing my nose affectionately against his. Quickly, I pay for the eggplants.    "Thanks," I say. Grayson grabs the bag and when we get outside I burst out laughing. 

"That was hilarious," I say. Grayson looks at me weirdly. "Are you high, princess? I told you, you shouldn't have drank that frappuccino in less than 5 minutes,"
I wave it off.  "Let's go. There's a park just down here," I say and we make the short trip there.
"Now will you tell me what we're doing?" He pleads.
"We're gonna write people eggplant messages. But offensive ones," I laugh, pulling out a black permanent marker. Grayson grabs it and we sit on the swings working on them. "Mine's gonna be for Tracy," I say. I take my marker and write "one more dick to add to the collection, slutt"

Grayson looks at mine and laughs. "Slut is spelt with one 't'," he tells me. I laugh too. "It's not slut. It's slutt. There's emphasis on the two ts," I explain. Grayson shakes his head and shows me his. "F*CK THIS EGGPLANT LIKE YOU F*CK WITH PEOPLES FEELINGS"

"I take it that's for an ex," I decide. He just nods. We continue on until all the eggplants are finished. I even write one for Hannah and Rose that say: LOVE YOU BITCH

And one for Alex: YOU'RE A DICK BUT WE LOVE YOU

"Tomorrow we have to be at school early to hand these out," I smile.
Grayson smiles. "Okay. Let's go, Ariel," he says. His one hand carries the grocery bag and the other slings over my shoulder.

"Still think I'm basic?" I ask, walking to the car. "Little less now," he grins. I shove him playfully. "I'll drive you back to school and you can keep these overnight," I tell Grayson, pointing to the eggplants.

=•=•=•=

I JUST REALLY WANNA MAKE CUTE F*CKING GRACIA MOMENTS BUT IM FINDING IT DIFFICULT TO FIND INSPIRATION RN

IM SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS SO SHORT BUT IM TIRED AND DONT FEEL LIKE WRITING BC I TRIED IT AND JUST COULD NOT

ALSO, THIS SOUNDS REALLY LOUD IN MY HEAD