Dear,April

"Happy birthday dear April. Happy birthday to you."

I couldn't stop smiling at the small cake Sam baked just me. She baked it all herself and she knows my favorite type of cake,chocolate with frosting and seventeen candles on top of it and a few sprinkles. I'm glad i met her this year but it's the first time I celebrate my birthday without Kurt. I can't deny these feelings anymore I really miss him, I wanna hug him tight and tell him that everything's going to be okay. 

I wonder where he is right now it feels like years since I haven't spoken to him or seen him since the last time in that food store. Today i even went for more groceries and got a new pair of jeans and a cardigan along with some converse and I spotted that guy from a few weeks ago if my memory is correct I think his name is Axl. I even saw him with another guy in glasses and a top hat maybe he's his band mate.

"Thank you,Sam,for this you really didn't have to do this for me." 

"Nonsense,April. I'll do anything for my friend."

I began to cut two pieces for us and we sat down on the couch and began to listen to one of my favorite band The Cure.the song 'Lovesong' came up and Sam began to sing it with her high pitched voice. You've been wondering if I'm still going to therapy the answer is no...I decided to drop it off cause it won't help me everyone and everyday people have problem and they have to face them so I think it's useless to just go again.

"Want a cigarette?" 

"I didn't know you smoked."

I reply to Sam with a small smile.Sam just shrugs her shoulders she lights a cigarette and handed me a small wrapped up box. I gave her a confused look and she just replies with me opening it to find out. I opened the small box and there was a small charm necklace,a dark pink wrist watch and three guitar picks. 

I wrapped my arms around her and thanked her over and over again. Sam helped me put on my necklace which matches her own and I placed my watch on my wrist. I placed the box on my coffee table and grabbed one guitar pick along with my black acoustic guitar and began to play. I still can't believe that my previous teacher gave this to Sam so she can hand it to me. I gotta visit him to school one of these days and thank him for my guitar.

"Hope you liked them knowing you and seeing you right now you loved it." Sam says with a smirk on her face as she continues to smoke she grabbed one and handed it to me.

"Come on give it a try."

I stared at the cigarette in her hands and shook my head. "I'm sorry Sam but i'm not ready to smoke or drink just yet..I!' afraid i might get caught up on drugs later on."

"It's just one smoke April it won't harm you."

"Nah i'll pass."

I continued to strum on my guitar and suddenly heard thunder. "Whoops seems like it's going to rain,well I gotta get my ass outta here. I'll see you tomorrow okay."

I nodded and watched her pick up her bags and opening the door she waved at me and walked out of the door. I looked around and the house was completely empty and the music continued going now to Elvis Presley. I glanced out over the window and saw a few dark clouds and lighting,okay April the storm won't kill you now calm down.

The sound of thunder came by again and I shivered but reminded myself that nothings going to harm me,the place is a mess i have to clean up. I saved the remaining cake inside the fridge and began to vacuum the place and threw a few things away that's when I knocked down a familiar book and a lot of pictures were scattered around the floor. This is my scrap book along with Kurt's! I remember we used to write and draw anything and each month we would take a picture put it in this books and later on see how much we've grown. 

A certain picture caught my attention slowly I grabbed it and remembered this day. Prom. It was at the beginning of high school we were having a small prom night and Kurt asked me to go with him. Kurt was wearing a fancy suit which his Mom told him to wear cause he doesn't like to dress up in fancy clothes meanwhile I was wearing a long pale pink dress with converse which my mom didn't approve and my hair was neatly done.

I saves the pictures and ran outside the house. I'm done with this bullshit and not speaking to Kurt for months I'm gonna look for him. Rolled up the sleeves to my dark grey cardigan and began to run as fast as I can before it starts to rain. 

I arrived at the once familiar neighborhood and noticed the old house by the end of the street. I knocked on the door loudly a couple of times and started to regain my breathe. A man opened up the door and stared at me with a bored expression and I saw Kim sitting on a table drawing with her crayons. "What do you want?!"

I flinched at his voice and stood up straight, "Where's Kurt?"

"He's not here."

"Is his Mom even here."

"No she isn't.Why do you even want to know where that faggot is anyway? He's trash and a useless boy-"

"Shut the fuck up! Don't talk about Kurt like you know him.now where the fuck is he?" 

"He left without saying anything."

There's no time to waste then. I ran around the place and calling for Kurt's name and a second later it started to rain. I looked at my watch,6:37. It's late but where is he?!

"Kurt?! Kurt! Where are you?!" 

I didn't stop running and I don't care if i catch a cold,I stopped by every place we used to hang out and there was no sign of him there's one place left next by that bridge.my shoes were already convered with mug and my hair was wet but that won't stop me. I arrived my the bridge and I tumbled down and landed on my butt.

"Kurt?"

I whispered looking around slowly I got up and started walking closer to the bridge and being careful to not fall in the river. "Kurt?" I saw a figure sitting down with their face hiding from me the person slowly looked up and met my brown eyes. Blue eyes met with brown ones. 

"April."

I smiled and couldn't stop crying I ran over to him,knelt down and hugged him tight not daring to let him go. No words were spoken. He wrapped his arms around me and cried along with me, "Happy birthday April."