The Mad Hatter

He closed the door shut.

He was still all eyes on me.

"You looked so cute earlier, trying to not want me." He chuckled.

He went to his chair and sat down.

I followed and sat on my chair.

"You really want me to be your psychiatrist that bad?"

He just smirked at me

"Not just my psychiatrist though"

He was playing a game. I was just playing my game to.

"Oh really?" I leaned on him.

I was just playing him but he did something I didn't expect.

He kissed me.

I was not just a peck on lips.

It was deep.

Damn! What the fuck am I doing

When he realized that I ain't stopping the kiss. He grinned.

The therapy turned out to be a make out session.

It wasn't just this session.

This situation happened for weeks. We had sex once.

We rarely do therapy but when we do, he tells me a lot of things.

***
In the weeks ahead, it soon became clear to me that The Joker, so often described as a raving, homicidal, madman was nothing more than a tortured soul crying out for love and acceptance.

A lost, injured child looking to make the world laugh at his antics

And there, as always, the self righteous, Batman, determined to make life miserable for my angel.

Yes, I admit it, as unprofessional as it sounds, I had fallen in love with my patient.

***
This was the 6th time I've broken inside the security room. This was also the 6th time I've helped him escape Arkham.

Dr. Arkham had suspicions on me but it was only one time. Mistah J pretended to try kill me so I can be proven guilty.

Dr. Arkham never suspected on me ever again. He thinks my puddin' lost interest on me. C'mon, what fool would believe that.

Lately, I've been feeling me. Whenever Mistah J asks me to help him escape, I use gymnastics to break into the security room and not get caught. Gymnastics have always been a big part of my life.

As I've said, this was the 6th time I'm here in this room. 3rd time's a luck charm but the second 3rd time ain't always so lucky.

I got caught this time.

I wasn't planning to surrender.

I was about to fight back when someone putted something in my body. Everything suddenly went black.

***

"She wasn't helping The Joker on purpose." It was Dr. Leland

"The Joker had an interest on her. It's not like he's not going lose interest on her in a blink of an eye." This voice was Dr. Arkham's

"The Joker tried to kill all his past henchmen one by one just because he lost interest. He can lose interest in Harleen just like that. He tried to kill her once, remember." Joan was defending me.

It was bad for her but good for me. But what's worse is that I don't feel any guilt at all.

"She had the Mad Hatter's card on her body. The Mad Hatter is still in Gotham. He and The Joker might be teaming up or something"

Poor Joan, trusting me so much since I came here in Arkham.

She was a friend, really but if she's gonna get between me and my puddin' then sayonara to our frienship.

I was still curious when they mentioned the name Mad Hatter.

He has been my patient for a short period of time before he escaped. He has these cards of his that he use to control people.

"Hey! You alright, Harleen?" 

Finally someone noticed that I'm already awake. Dr. Arkham and Dr. Leland were so busy arguing with each other.

"Tell me the truth, Dr. Quinzel.  Did you or did you not help your patient escape?" Dr. Arkham's eyes were dark.

I was about to deny and pretend to be not guilty but then Joan spoke for me instead.

"Didn't you see the evidence, Doc'. She was being controlled by the Mad Hatter. And she's been through a lot of things this month. Then you're gonna accuse her even though there's of her being proven innocent. That sucks. "

Dr. Arkham didn't say anything. He just looked at me for a few seconds. He was examining me.

He left the room.

"Thank you..." My voice was weak.

"You don't have to say anything.  It's okay. Everything's going to be okay. Don't worry. For now, just rest."

Everything was clear to me now. The Mad Hatter helped Mistah J. Puddin' made the Mad Hatter's cards to make me look innocent.

I was not worried if I'm not okay nor if I'll lose my job.
I just wanna see my puddin'