A Laugh of a Madman

The situation was really getting out of hand.

Why was The Joker doing this? Was it for me?

Why would he? He is just a crazy man in need of company, a friend perhaps.

***
Gordon, Dr. Leland, and her friends are scared... for me. They fear for my life. I also do though but there is just that something again in me that... makes me thrilled.

I was now in the bedroom of a luxury penthouse, thanks to Gordon and Batman. I was supposed to stay here until things cool off.

The penthouse was peaceful but outside await many guards. They are supposed to protect me. Protect me from whom? The Joker? Tsss...

I jumped on the bed. It was so soft. I relaxed and tried to take things about the situation, off my mind.

I wanted to go to sleep. I went to the bathroom to take a quick dip in the tub and do the rest of my evening ritual before going to bed.

I started undressing myself when I noticed an rose with a note on a table beside the sink.

Dejavu... The rose and the note... This already happened before.

It was with the rose thag The Joker gave me.

I started to read the note.

"Miss ya', Babycakes"
-J

I

t was from him.

***

I was in a hurry while doing my evening ritual incase Gordon arrives early.

I was starting to get dressed when someone rang the doorbell.

Shit! Is it him? It can't be, there are cops outside.

I slowly opened the door.

It was Dr. Jeremiah Arkham.

"Good evening, Miss Quinzel. I am very sorry about what is happening to you. The Joker is crazy. Why would he prey on a young psychiatrist. I am very happy you are alive. You are one of our best psychiatrists"

"Good Evening too, Mr. Arkham" I smiled at him.

"So about your job--"

I cutted him off

"Am I fired? Please tell me I'm not" I pleaded.

"Don't be silly, your not but consider your stay here as a vacation. I think it'll be just 2 weeks until things finally cool off"

"If you want, I can bring your files here so you can do something productive if you're bored" he continued

"Sure thing, Dr. I'm not good in wasting my time so I prefer if I can prepare before going back at Arkham. "

"Sure" he nodded.

Just as when he left, Gordon arrived. We talked about the situation. He said that things might cool off in a few weeks.

***

2 and a half weeks have passed and things were back to normal.  The Joker wasn't bothering me or anything.

I was in the lobby of the Arkham, talking to the receptionist when the Arkham suddenly became alerted.

Everyone was now busy, even the receptionist, cannot answer me when I ask them what the hell was happening.

A laugh of a mad man echoed through the lobby. His laugh.