He killed me

Batman was dragging him to his cell, when he rebelled. He stopped and faced me.

He was all smiles.

"Hello there, beautiful. Oh Dr. Quinzel it's you! HAHAHAHAHA I told you we'd see each other again. Same time tomorrow, you know, our session. Don't disappoint me and not arrive." His voice suddenly became dark and serious when he warned me.

He was now more willing when Batman dragged him into his cell.

Tomorrow, huh?

***

"You can't go. Do you want to die huh? You got some death wish or something? "

Dr. Arkham wasn't mocking me nor asking me. He was commanding me.

I couldn't say anything. I just nodded and said my goodbye.

I left his office. I was supposed to ride the elevator near me but it's broken.

I was forced to take the other elevator but I will pass through The Joker's cell.

I was careful when I was getting near his cell. I didn't get any attention though.

But when I was really so close in passing by his cell he called me.

He knew I was near.

"Oh c'mon, sweety. Aren't you gonna say hi to daddy. I missed you."

"You're not my 'daddy', Joker. I don't have one."

He just laughed at me like I said a silly joke.

"Goodbye, Mr. Joker."

"Ba'bye Harley, see'ya later." He even waved at me.

I turned my back on him

"There is no later. There are no more sessions." I said it in a cold tone. I don't want him to know that I want more.

What the heck! Shit!

I want more sessions with him. I don't know why. Maybe, because I want his secrets. But that's not just it.

He didn't anwer me.

I turned again to look at him.

His face was blank.

His face was damn serious.

But he didn't say anything.

I just looked at him.

After a few seconds, he smiled.

I don't know what to react.

I didn't smile back. I didn't do anything at all.

He laughed. He laughed like some funny shit just happened. He laughed like it was the end of the world, his world.

I left him laughing.
***

I was just in my office, scanning the file of my new patient when a guard rushed inside my office.

He was catching his breath when he closed the door.

"Dr. Quinzel, what are you doing?"
He looked at me.

"Oh? I was just looking at the files of my new patient"

He chuckled.

"Sorry miss, but you ain't getting any new patients. Dr. Arkham wants you to come to his office, now. "

We rushed into Dr. Arkham's office.

"Finally, you're here. Did you have any interaction with The Joker today?"

"Well... umm Yes, earlier when I was heading back to my office. I kinda mentioned to him about our sessions canceled.  He was expecting it so I informed him."

Our conversation was interrupted when the speakers started working.  Someone's trying to send a message to everyone in Arkham.

"Is this working? Hellooooo, can everybody hear me now? Are ya sure this is working" It was his voice. The Joker.

"The Joker?" Dr. Arkham whispered to himself but it was loud enough for me to hear.

"Hello Dr. Quinzel. Finally you've arrived in that Jeremiah's office so you can listen to my message together. "

"How did he know you're here?" Dr. Arkham asked me

"I don't know"

I looked at the guard from earlier. We had eye contact.  He looked shocked and scared.

He looked so guilty.

"You!!" Dr. Arkham was now mad at the guard for being a traitor.

"I'm sorry, it was me but--"

I heard a gunshot. The guard was shot. I looked at Dr. Arkham. He was holding a gun. He shot the guy.

"He helped The Joker. It's either him or everyone in Arkham." Dr. Arkham explained.

We listened to The Joker and his message.

"Helloooo fools and hello Dr. Quinzel. This message is mainly for you Harley but others shall also be informed HAHAHAHAHA Dr. Quinzel, what did I tell you about not disappointing me. You disappointed me."

"This is about the sessions isn't it?" Dr. Arkham looked at me.

I just nodded.

"So Dr. Quinzel. I want you to keep being my psychiatrist or this asylum could just be remembered as the place where many psychiatrist were massacred and murdered. I already started though. And for you Dr. Arkham,  you just lost 6 psychiatrist. 3 newbies and 3 professionals HAHAHAHA Ring Ring, answer it. "

A phone started ringing. It was not mine. It was Dr.  Arkham's. He answered the call and putted the phone on loudspeaker.

"So HAHAHAHA what is your answer. Of course, it's a yes but I just want to hear Dr. Harleen say yes."

I nodded at Dr. Arkham to let him now that I agree with The Joker's offer.

"Are you sure?" He asked me

"He won't go all through this trouble just to kill me"

"You sure about that, toots?" The Joker's was still on the phone. I forgot. The Joker asked but no one replied to his question.

"Well, then, it is official. You will be having your session with Dr. Quinzel later, Joker" Dr. Arkham said to The Joker.

"HAHAHAHAHA As if you had a choice" he ended the call.

***
I was now heading to the Therapy Room. He was waiting for me there.

The hall was so silent, all I could hear was the sound made by my high heels.

Finally, I arrived at the Therapy room. I didn't enter just yet. I just stood in front of the door.

I was trying to be brave when I opened door.

He was not in his chair.

He was now in front of me.

He killed me

...not