3

They were now walking through a dusty room that held no light inside. Bri still had her arms wrapped around Zayn's torso to keep them together in the dark room. Everything completely silent, so quiet that you could hear a pin drop. Zayn viciously looked around but obviously getting no where. The only thing Zayn being able to see is a deep dark black.

Faintly, Bri starts to hear a tiny noise. Almost like a pen clicking, or light tapping on metal. The sound coming from the side of her right ear which cause her to turn her head. Seeing nothing, she starts to look forward again until a loud scream mixed with a giggle burst out unexpectedly causing her to jump slightly.

Both, Zayn and Bri spin their heads to look in the direction of the noise. Suddenly being taken back by the face of a tall clown leaned against a wall with a light shining upon its face. The clown has a evil look in his eye and a sinful grin on his lips then he smiles. Showing his sharp dark yellow razor teeth that made even Bri stomach twist a bit. His red silly hair blowed out and childish outfit floppy on his body.

The couple just look at the clown as it seem to remind them of something but couldn't put a finger on it.

"Well hi Brianna, aren't you gonna say hello?" The deep raspy voice called out.

Bri sucks in breathe then furrow her eyebrows. "How the hell do you know my name?"

"Oh, sweetie... didn't your mom ever tell you to never talk to silly clowns? We can be very... hypnotizing." The clown's once deep raspy voice turns to a low, sweet menacing whisper that even made Zayn lift up one eyebrow.

Bri grip loosens around Zayn as she stares at the clown. Acting on it instantly, Zayn grabs on her arm and pull her closer towards him. He starts to walk while practically dragging Bri with him.
The clown smiles widely but with normal teeth and waves. When Zayn looks forward to try to ignore him, the clown starts to laugh and shout out words that Zayn didn't really want to listen to so he didn't.

"Bye bye, Zaynie boy!" The clown voice seem to get even deeper and darker. The playful laugh turns sinister and baleful.

Zayn continues to look forward while holding Bri as close as he could. In the back of his mind he wondered if they could turn back, but of course they can't.

"How-how did he know my name?" Bri voice sounding beat and cracked.

"I don't know, maybe they were ease dropping on conversations outside." Zayn quick on his feet with an answer to something he really didn't have a clue about.

Next, they walk into what seems like a ballroom. The first thing they notice is how it's filled with red balloons and red furniture. Then they notice how the walls were painted red as well but it seem to have dried up and chip. Dust covered the huge room as if they haven't cleaned it in years.

Bri walks further into the room and Zayn followed. The two not saying anything but already knew to stick close. Bri walks until she bumps a box on the floor. It's small, colorful, and has a rusty handle on the side. She notice a sticky note on the handle, "crank me".

"I'm not touching it." She backs away from the box then eye Zayn.

"I don't think we can skip a level. I'll do it." He shrugs then step towards the box and crank the handle. After the song of "pop-goes-the-weezle" plays for awhile the small clown pops out then the lights goes out with only moonlight from the high windows to help them see.

Brianna huffs loudly and rolls her eyes. "What's next? My date of birth?-"

"Wait-you smell that?" Zayn holds his hand up to silence Bri then sniffs a couple times. Bri joins with him.

The couple snap their heads at each other then spoke in unison. "Gas?"

Zayn looks around and when he spots out smokey fog coming from under all the double doors that were structured on the walls. Zayn starts to freak out and run towards one door and tries to pry it open but it's locked.

"What's going on?" Bri yells at him then walks up behind him.

"Check to see if the other doors are open." He demands and Bri just follow.

After no luck, she looks at Zayn with her lips gapped. She tries not to freak herself out or show that she's freaked out but her heavy breathing throwing her off.

"We're okay.. maybe it's not gas?" Bri puts on her best smile but Zayn looks at her dumbfounded.

"Bri, that's gas and if these door don't open we'll pass out and die." Zayn tone serious and hard.

Then a ticking catches the two ears and they search around. Both asking questions that neither knew but they were in a panic. Soon, Bri finds a timer that had "8:08" and it was slowly counting down.

"Zayn, what the-" Bri gets interrupted by an voice.

"In the Mad House, we like to watch you have fun, and in the Mad House, we like to play games. Here's your first game, let's see who can make it out first without collapsing to their death. The Mad House says welcome."

Zayn sighs then bumps the back of his head on the wall.

"Zayn, lets go," Bri grabs his arm and yanks him to the other side of the ballroom, "We're getting out of here."

They look around the clutter for anything that could pick the locks or break down the doors. As they search nervously, the room seem to fill up more with the thick smokey substance, causing Bri to cough roughly. Waving her hands in front of her face to keep the gas away from her nose or mouth.

Shortly after, Zayn finds a gold key that was attached to a piece of paper, "We love riddles, solve this one: What is harder to catch the faster you run?
I'll give you this one, Your Breathe."

Suddenly, an ungodly creature pops out from behind the unstable table that the note sat on. Bri actually jumps backwards from the sudden figure that appears. All Zayn could see that it had no eyes or mouth and it moved zombie like before he grabbed Bri's hand and ran for the door.

He push the key through the keyhole and tries to turn but it doesn't budge.

"Zayn, if we die from this bull crap, I'm gonna haunt you with the most evil spirit ever." Zayn doesn't responds but sprints to the next door and tries to pry it open.

When that one doesn't open he knows it can only be the last door that's on the farther side of the room. The couple glance around the room and realized how foggy the room has gotten. Reminding them how much oxygen they're losing.

"Shit," Zayn quickly runs to the other door and slide the key through. When he hears the click, Zayn smiles brightly then whips around to celebrate with Bri.

Zayn big smile turns into a frown as all he could see was thick smoke. No sign of Brianna. Zayn starts to panic and run into the clouds.

"Brianna?" Zayn calls out then shouts again, "Bri?!"

A/N:

so, yeah.. uhm... not that scary but we're getting there!