2

October 31st, Halloween night. The night of silly creepy costumes, porch decorations, halloween specials, and spooky fog that clogged up the streets to make everything just a bit more frightening. Usually, Zayn and Bri would stay in, hand out candy to the children that lived in the building and watch horror movies all night but Zayn had something else in mind.

All week he played it cool, said nothing about Halloween altogether because he knew himself and if he went too much in detail, he would spill. Zayn stayed quiet about Halloween which made Bri suspicious but she didn't say a word. Bri knew when Zayn was up to something but she wanted him to have his moment. She can tell it was important to him.

Brianna currently on the couch in some ripped jeans and yellow mustard tight-fitted shirt. Zayn told her to get dressed in anything that she wanted tonight but make sure it's comfy. So, she put on her all black huaraches with her orange puffy hair into a high ponytail and one sided bang. Once she was satisfied with her outfit, she went into the living room and sat down.

"Zayn come on! I wasn't even in the mood to go anywhere tonight so, I'm not gonna sit here and wait for you." Brianna shouts out at him.

Zayn scoffs loudly then appears in the living room. Brianna automatically smiles up at him. Zayn has black jeans that were ripped on both his knees and an orange shirt that has red splatters with the word "Thriller" in red across it. He looked so good that her heart nearly flutters from blush.

"Aww babe, you look so handsome." Brianna gets up then wraps her arms around Zayn's neck.

"Me? You." Zayn says then plants his lips on hers. Both smile into the kiss then Bri breaks away.

"Lets go to wherever we're going so I can come back here and sleep." Bri unwraps her arms then grabs his hand to lead him towards the front door.

On the ride there Bri only asked once about where they were heading but after that she turned the other way and fell asleep. That was good enough for Zayn, he didn't want her figuring out anything.

Minutes later they were in the parking lot of the haunted house and Zayn took this time to take it all in. The dark trees surrounded the area just like in the pictures and the huge orange pumpkin that is set at the entrance looks even bigger in person. Zayn can't see the building just yet but he still smiles. He was finally going to scare his girlfriend shitless.

"Bri," Zayn shakes Brianna arm which cause her to move around then mumble 'fuck off'. Zayn rolls his eyes but calls out for her again. "Bri, wake your ass up."

"What?" Bri lifts up with a pout on her lips and her eyebrows furrowed. She looked like a cute baby and Zayn smiles.

"We're here." He gestures towards the big pumpkin and entrance banner.

Bri turns her head then quints slightly. "Welcome to.. Mad House. Mad House? You took me to a damn haunted house?" She questions him.

"It'll be fun. Besides, I thought you weren't afraid of anything?" He smirks at her ready to hear her beg to not go in.

"I'm not. Lets go then." Bri opens the car door then gets out. Shutting the door back and leaving me still inside with a frown on my face.

Finally letting himself out, the couple lace their fingers and walk through the entrance. As they walked the more the house came into sight. Zayn eyes lit up along with Brianna's. There were bodies hanging from trees with blood splattered on them, gravestones planted in the mint green grass, and the building itself looked old and it seem like it would collapse at any given moment. A line formed in the doorway path.

As the couple walked to get at the end of the line, Bri decided to touch some of the bodies that hung from a rope by the neck. Her index finger pocking the white pale arm once and her hand instantly pulls back.

"The hell Zayn? That felt like real skin." Brianna eyebrows crunched together as she continue to stare at the body.

"Calm down babe, it's not real." Zayn wraps his arm around her neck and pulls her into him.

"I didn't say I was scared. Stop trying to seem like you're protecting me." She look up at him with bored eyes but wrap her arms around his torso anyway. Not from fear but simply because she couldn't get enough of her boyfriend.

About an hour later of standing in the boring line, they were next. By now both weren't as excited to go through and just wanted to get it over with. The door opens again with fog floating out slowly and as they were beginning to walk inside, a voice stopped them.

"Don't go in there." Both snap their necks in the direction the kid voice was coming from. Zayn notice the thing immediately. He looked even creepier in person, the sack over his head that was shape like an pumpkin and the button eyes, stitched mouth, and orange jumper. Hearing that voice, it was definitely a child.

"Excuse me?" Bri questions the costume wearing kid.

"Look at what they did to me." The small squeaky voice called out.

Bri turns to Zayn with big eyes, "Is that a child? When did haunted houses let kids act in these?" But he's just as clueless as she.

When he doesn't answer Bri turns back around to the pumpkin head freak.

"Are you okay?" Zayn can hear the sympathy in her voice as she coed to him.

The kid didn't say anything, only tilts his head to the right then started whispering in a creepy, sinister way. "La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-"

"Lets just go inside." Zayn speaks and pulls Bri along. She looks up at him with the same big eyes and her mouth slightly open. Her eyes held an expression but before he could make it out, the room went dark.

They continue to walk but were interrupted only seconds later when lights started to flicker, nearly blinding the two, loud laughter and screams blew from all around them. Bri holds a stank face but doesn't feel her pulse quickening yet. Then suddenly, everything stopped. The laughter and screams were gone along with the lights.

"Ladies and Gentleman
To those among you who are easily frightened
We suggest you turn away now,
To those of you who think you can take it
We say.. Welcome to the Mad House"

Once the deep voice is done speaking a red light flickers on beaming the building with color. Short giggles alert from all corners of the hall. The couple walk until a creepy clown with a wide mouth, big hideous teeth, and makeup caked on its face, pops out from behind a square cut into the wall.

"Seen that coming." Bri mumbles and Zayn rolls his eyes.

"Bri, shush. We just started." He whispers back to her.

A/N:

I wrote this in under 1 hour, does it show?

Next chapter? Hehe... 😈