Chapter seven

...
The next morning after another meeting with Arthur, Vivian and Merlin, Elizabeth wandered back to her room. There had been something wrong between them that morning, especially after Elizabeth told them her legs were hurting worse. They had told her not to worry.

Brushing it off, Elizabeth checked her phone. A message from Veronica popped up on the screen.

-Veronica xx

-Hey Ellie, I'll be in the hospital 2morrow so don't go 2 ur club. Can't wai lots of love, Veronica xxx

-Veronica xx

-*wait

Elizabeth grinned at the prospect of seeing her sister again and quickly typed a reply, how she missed her. The breakfast trolley came along once again, offering cold-ish toast and lukewarm eggs but pretty amazing hot chocolate so that made up for the mediocre food.

As she ate, Elizabeth gazed outside her bedroom window, she had been doing that a lot recently. Because of her weakened immune system she was more susceptible to serious illnesses from going outside in weather like today's.

It was mid September. The days were getting damper, greyer, colder and shorter. Typical Britannia weather. The only good thing about it was that it meant Halloween and Christmas were getting closer.

Elizabeth finished her hot chocolate and sighed, turning on her side to fully face the window. She only hoped her father was okay, when the weather was like this it always made him sad.

...

Eleven o'clock came around and there was no sign of Meliodas or the others. Immediately, Elizabeth's breath quickened. He'd given for tests yesterday, what if something had happened? What if he'd-

She shook her head vigourously and stopped herself. If something had happened, she would have known after all she was next door to him and the sins would have told her.

Elizabeth let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding in and slowly stood up, wobbling on her sore legs. Picking up the leather book and her phone, Elizabeth began taking long strides towards the club room, hoping it'd take less time and make her less tired.

When she walked past Meliodas' room, Elizabeth peeked into it and breathed out. The bed was recently unmade. Her heart lightened, she continued walking.

Soon the wooden door came into view. Elizabeth strode up to it and knocked on the door. There were hushed whispers and footsteps on the other side before a lock became undone and Meliodas stood in the doorway, covered in red and grinning sheepishly.

Elizabeth yelped and crashed backwards into the wall before landing on her behind. Meliodas rushed over to her offering her his hand and hauling her up.

"Meliodas! What's happened to you?!" She shouted, Meliodas cocked his head curiously.

"What do you mean, Elizabeth?" She hesitantly pointed to the red covering him and Melidoas laughed nervously scratching the back of his head.

"Ah, you don't need to worry Elizabeth, this is just paint. I swear"

Ban appeared at the door a few seconds later, covered in the rainbow, and saw the two, then promptly doubled over and burst into laughter

"I told you not to answer the door, Captain" Diane scolded, wheeling herself into the hall. She herself was covered in greens and oranges.

"You're just in time, Ellie! We're making you something special, come in!" She cheered and disappeared once again, Ban following her. Meliodas took Elizabeth's hand.