Mutual Understanding [Part 9]

She could feel it. The two of them were almost at whatever this "lunch" place was. [Name] had continued to sit patiently, barley saying a word. But with every fear, you can't show fear.

"If I sit in this car any longer, I think I'm going to throw up." [Name] stated.

"Do you not know how to shut up?" The Uchiha scoffed. "I can't handle your constant neediness."

        The brooding male had pressed his foot against the breaks as he placed the car in park.

"We're here."

        So she really did know. Unbuckling her seat belt, [Name] rolled her eyes angrily as she opened the heavy car door beside her. Sasuke walked around to her side as he shut the car door behind her and clicked the car shut. He offered his arm to [Name] kindly and spoke up.

"Let's go." Sasuke mutters, meeting the girl's gaze.

"What're you doing?" [Name] stated, looking back at the man in confusion. "What is this?" She questioned, motioning at him and his actions.

"It's called offering your arm." He growled back at her. "Gentlemen do it when the time calls for it."

"You are not a gentleman." The (h/c) haired girl scoffed at him, backing away from him. "Not mine."

"You're ridiculous." Mr. Uchiha rolled his eyes and looked around.

        Yanking [Name]'s arm directly into his, he growled.

"Don't you forget who you're dealing with, [Surname]." He stated, holding onto her hand to ensure that she wouldn't be able to yank it out in protest.

        [Name] kept her mouth shut the rest of the walk to the diner until they were greeted at the door.

"Mr. Uchiha!" A pleasant girl greeted Sasuke at the door.

        With an apron, the girl seemed rather nice. She had a nice color of light brown hair on her head, which was put up, but noticeably long. Her eyes were a beautiful blue, and it was clear that Sasuke had definitely been here before.

"How are you, Aimi?" He greeted politely, releasing [Name]'s arm and giving the waitress a hug. "I haven't seen you in a while."

"I've been great, thank you for asking." She smiled kindly, noticing the girl that was beside him. "And this is?"

"Oh." He grunted, turning toward [Name]. "Right. This is [Name]."

        Sasuke patted you on the back, signaling you to introduce yourself, so as to not raise suspicion.

"Oh, yes!" [Name] smiled gracefully, bowing in front of the girl. "I'm so sorry, that was rather un-polite of me. My name is [Name], and you?"

"I am Aimi. It's a pleasure to meet you." She nodded, giving [Name] a hug. "I'm an old friend of Mr. Uchiha over here, we've known each other since before he was the man he is today."

"Oh really?" [Name] smiled joyfully, grabbing onto Sasuke's arm, right around his elbow.

"Yes! He actually helped me with the payments on this place." She spoke happily, motioning them to follow her as she took them to a table. "It was rather kind of him. You're a very lucky girl."

"Oh, I'm not-"

        You felt Sasuke grip onto your lower back tightly, as if to signal you to change the topic.

"You're not what?" Aimi asked innocently.

"I-I'm not too hungry, but I'm pretty thirsty at the moment." [Name] coughed. "Could you please get me a hot tea with lemon?"

"Me as well please, Aimi." Sasuke nodded.

"Why, of course!" Aimi beamed, motioning the two of them to sit down. "I will be right back."

        As the woman walked off, Sasuke and [Name] both sat down on opposite sides of the table.

"Really?" [Name] whispered. "I am not your woman or something, Sasuke."

"Just act it a bit better than you are, that's all I'm asking of you, [Surname]." He growled, meeting her gaze. "Maybe I don't treat you just like you'd like, but at the moment, you're mine. I'm not treating your poorly, so just make do with what you have for god's sake."

        A moment of silence filled the air before [Name] took a deep breath and spoke up again.

"Alright. I understand." She nodded, sitting up straight.

"Okay you two lovebirds!" Aimi came around the corner with two menus and cups of tea, as well as a small plate of lemons. "One tea for you, and one tea for you."

"Why, thank you Aimi!" [Name] beamed back at the girl.

"Okay, so I'll be back in a few minutes to take your guys' order, alright?"

"Yeah," [Name] responded, looking directly at Sasuke. "I understand."