9.) Hands Full.

Tori

The Grammys are threatening to have my performance cancelled and give my nomination to someone else because of this tabloid mess. The shoe company, Keds—the company I was going to endorse, are hesitant as well because of the tabloids. I don't know what I'm going to do. This is exactly the kind of drama that I didn't want myself caught up in. I'm only in it for the music and reaching the fans through it as well. I'm not up for groupie/tabloid drama.

"Your Grammy performance is in two weeks." Scooter says while he was pacing back and forth in his Capitol records office. "We need to do damage control."

Justin and Carly Rae Jepsen were both present as well. I love Carly. She's such a gem. Earlier she had given me quite a bit of advice before Scooter arrived and I needed it. Even Justin stepped in and told me how to handle all of this.

"You need to show everyone that you're not who the tabloids are making you out to be." Justin says, "And you're not. You're a sweet girl with a big heart who just loves making music. I say either charity work or host a pop up concert anything to attract them to the real Tori Kelly."

"That's good." Scoot snaps his finger and points at Justin. "—Oh what about the uh, boyfriend?"

I frown, "What about him?"

Carly steps in, "You guys, by the end of the night should just go and have fun. Let everyone see that you're still together and one of California's "it" couple. Try Nice Guy. It's a great place."

Luke

"You know something, Luke, your life sucks." Michael says plopping down onto the couch next to me.

"Ain't that the truth." I chuckle, sighing.

"Where's Tori?" He asks.

"Probably avoiding me." I sink down into the couch.

"Why do you say that?" He crosses his arms.

"This just adds onto the list of reasons why I'm not good enough for her. I can't even control my temper." I tell him.

"You get a little angry, so what." He chuckles.

"It's ruining my image, hers, my family, even you guy's."

"We don't care what those dickhead paps have to say about us. Neither should you or Tori. Just call..." He stops as Tori walks in.

"Tori.." I stand, right away.

She pulls her shades onto the top of her head before heading towards me with a hug.

"I don't think she's avoiding you at all." Michael says before getting up and going upstairs.

Tori pulls away, frowning. "You thought I was avoiding you?"

"A little." I sigh, nodding.

"I just needed some time to think. I had a chat with Scooter and some friends and... hey, let's go somewhere tonight." She smiles.

"Okay, where?"

"Just be dressed and ready I'll be back." She kisses me. "I love you."

"I love you too." I say while watching her walk out the door.

///////