chapter 8

The rest of the week was pretty boring. I didn't see much of Alex. Just a few times in the hallways and he was always hiding his face.

It was a little concerning but he and I were not good enough friends for me to be able to go and ask him if something was wrong. I mean I could, he would simply stay quiet so it was no good.

I shook away my thoughts and focused on the task at hand. It was finally lunch and, me and ally headed to the cafeteria so that I could be with my one true love. Food.

"Hey V! Watcha thinking ?"

"Oh nothing. Now hurry up before the line gets longer I do not want to wait 20 minutes for my food because someone couldn't walk fast like last time." I glared at her. A few days back ally was too busy on her phone so we had to walk slow and because people here are animals the line got super long and we had to wait 20 to 30 minutes in line and I do not like it when me and food are kept apart.

With that we practically ran in the halls almost yelling like lunatics and pushing through the crowds. We may have looked like phycopaths but hey atleast I got my food in time. Victory was ours!

"So I've been thinking about the little chat we had earlier." I said breaking the silence. Well more like the horrible sounds of munching food violently but oh well who cares it's practically the same thing.

"Oh stop it Valarie. It is never going to happen." she said

"Why not? I think you both would be super cute together"

"He..he just doesn't like me like that."

"And how would you possibly know that?" I said with my gaze fixed.

"Because he likes Barbie bodied blondes who throw themselves at him."

"Okay 1. That is basic and I refuse to believe it and 2. If so then why have I never seen him with and I quote 'Barbie bodied blondes' would you answer that please?"

"I...I just...Oh god...fine Val I don't know but I'm very sure he wants none of this." She jazz handed towards herself and returned her attention to eating

"Oh please. I will not stop until I achieve my goal as Cupid and scratch it off my mental bucket list." I stated and folded my arms to make a point. And I added."I also don't care if I have to take help from Alex for this ." I now said with an amused expression

"Geez women okay. You can do what you want. "she said trying not to smile in front of me but I know it was there . With that I threw a French fry in my mouth . And yes it was a terrible attempt because you can't throw them in your mouth like M and Ms and it actually ended up hitting my cheek and falling in my lap resulting with oil on my face.

The rest of the day passed by extremely slowly

"MOM!!! I'm hooommeee!!!!" I yelled as loud as my vocal cords could take it.

"Valerie quite down sweetie!"

I chuckled in response.

"Honey could you hurry up and get dressed."

"What for?"

"Oh the Jackson's have invited us for dinner. Now hurry up I do not want to be late. Your dad already left." She shooed my away. Well great I have to go back there for dinner and Alex will be there.

Anyways when my mom commands something you should definitely take her seriously so I raced up the stairs and quickly took a shower. I changed into a star wars T- shirt with skinny jeans and blow dried my hair and tied it into a pony tail quickly.

I grabbed my phone from my bedside table and stumbled through the hallway on one foot while attempting to put on my slip on Vans in the other. After succeeding I bowed towards the absent and imaginary audience that applauded me on my glorifying attempt.

I finally reached downstairs.

"Mom I'm ready!"

No reply.

"Mom! Where are you??"

No reply.

"Mo-"

And then I was cut off mid sentence by the doorbell. I groaned and walked towards the door.

"Can I hel-" I asked as I pulled open the door

Just as I looked up my eyes met those of a familiar face that completely took my breath away.

----------------------------------------------

Hope you guys liked this chapter
VOTE
COMMENT andlet me know what you think
Until next time.
Valaija-xx