i come home

Sorry for the short chapter today, but its super nice and fluffy! Tomorrows one is going to be pretty sad and dark so stay tuned! Love you all xx

Nights came and went like this. Harley lying awake in The Jokers arms and him waking up to find her curled up into a ball beside him, her breathing rapid and her fists clenched.The sight of her always made his growl as he worked to relax her sore muscles so she could get a few hours of relaxed sleep. But she always woke with bags under her eyes and a tired smile. He could see her ribs as she reached her arms up and stretched out the kinks in her back. He never remembered her being this thin.

Then they would wander downstairs where he would eventually coax some food into her before he went and worked and she wandered aimlessly around the house. On this particular day, he left his office to see her sitting on the couch in the lounge room, notebook in hand, staring intently at the television and occasionally scribbling things down. She had her glasses on. God, he didn't even think she still kept those...

She noticed him in the doorway and started. The Joker walked forward and slumped down beside her. He looked at the television which was playing some sort of 'Doctor Phil' episode and he sighed.

"We can change the station" she said quietly and he shook his head.

"I don't mind doll. You keep watching, I'm just going to close my eyes for a bit."

She nodded and nestled against him, resuming her writing, occasionally looking up at the screen when something caught her attention. The Joker wasn't really going to sleep. He watched her carefully, as to not let her see. She chewed at the end of the pen for a moment before continuing writing. He looked down at the book to see her very neat notes. The page was divided into two section with one labeled 'Initial Notes' and the other labeled 'Analysis'

Oh, he realised. She was evaluating them. The people she watched on TV. It seemed the doctor in her hadn't completely disappeared. She was determining their state of mind, what caused them to tick, how they would respond. She was writing up their personality analysis. Thats how she spent her free time. He smiled a little. It was cute really.

She glanced over at him with mock accusation.

"Are you watching me?" she asked, pouting slightly.

"I dont know, doctor" he teased. She blushed and closed her notebook, turning her full attention to the man sitting beside her. He grinned wolfishly.

"Oh? So we're playing doctor and patient now are we?" she quipped, moving so she sat on his legs. He could flip her off in an instant, but was quite content to play along with her little games.

"How would you diagnose me, Doctor Quinn?" he teased, looking up into her eyes. They had some of their old sparkle back and his chest swelled.

"Lets see" she tapped the pen on her lips "You're insane, absolutely nuts, a complete psyco." she giggled, leaning down to give him a kiss on the tip of his nose.

He smiled "I'm only crazy about you kiddo" he remarked, making her squeal and kiss him harder.

She sat up and pursed her lips, pushing her glasses back up her noes "For treatment, I suggest a big long kiss with his favourite psychiatrist!" She beamed.

He sat up a little, so that they were face to face on the couch.

"I d'know doc, do I have a favorite psycaitrist?"

"Hey!" she yelled, hitting him playfully on the arm before he pulled her close and kissed her deeply, making her hold onto his hair and kiss him back.

~~~

She fell asleep first that night, not curled up with fists clenched, but peacefully, cuddled close in his arms and smiling slightly.