feel my tears as they dry

Sorry for the short chapter! x I'm getting a little busy with school work again, but I will try to have another one posted really soon for you all! Thanks for reading and enjoy! 

Her head hurt. The dull throbbing pain pulsing behind her eyelids. A groan escaped her lips as she became painfully aware of every part of her body. It was like her whole being was aching. The acid wasn't as bad as this. She felt something in her nose and her hand went to it instinctively, but something clasped around her wrist before she could even touch it and moved her had back down. Fingers ran over her forehead and she sighed and muttered something not even she could understand before becoming unconscious once more.

~~~

The pain in her head was worse the second time she became aware of it. Colours flickered behind her eyelids in a dizzying array and she groaned, moving to roll away from it only to be held still. She could almost make out someone talking to her from above the murky water, but their voice was muffled. She didn't care because before long she was pulled back under into unconsciousness.

~~~

The third time she became aware of herself she managed to open her eyes. It almost hurt to see. The room was white and almost empty of anything. There was a shrill beeping noise coming from beside her head, which only added to her pounding headache. Her mouth was dry, and she whimpered quietly, wishing that she had remained asleep. That thing was still in her nose and she reached up to pull it out, to find a firm hand holding her wrist. Harley looked over to see none other than Pamela Isley sitting beside her bed, her expression a mixture of relief and annoyance. But Harley could feel no such thing. It didn't work. She was still here. She was still alive.

She shot upwards groggily, cords and monitors pulling at her skin and beeping frantically at her sudden movement. "No!" she cried out, the words scratchy on her dry throat. "No please, he's going to kill me!"

She felt Pamela's grip on her arms but she pulled away, the sudden surge of adrenaline pushing her forward. She began to rip the cords from her skin, itching to be free of them and stumbled out of the bed, the sheets twisting around her ankles. Her whole body screamed in pain, but she ignored it as she moved forward, desperate to get away.

The ringing in her ears accompanied with the pain in her head made it unbearable and she fell to the floor, bringing the medical table tumbling down with her. In her haze, she reached for the shiny blade of the scissors which had fallen down beside her and thrusted them towards herself with a strangled cry.

But Tom was too fast. He caught her wrist firmly and held her down, allowing Doctor Leeland to insert the needle into Harley's neck, watching her tense up briefly before collapsing unconscious on the floor.

Pamela was frozen in the chair beside the bed. She had never seen Harley like this. Sure she had seen her angry when The Joker had hurt her or distraught when she was ignored, but this was different. Harley had never wanted to hurt herself. She had never wanted to escape by taking her own life.

Pamela shivered. She didn't expect it to be this bad. How long had it been going on? She should have checked in on her more, made sure that she was okay and that clown wasn't hurting her. She should have been there to protect her. But now she was here, watching as Harley's limp body was lifted onto the bed and strapped down for her own safety. She watched as they hooked back up her machine and the beeping noise which was her heart filled the room. She watched as they inserted her IV and pumped more sedatives into her blood stream, god she hated needles. At least she wouldn't remember the needles.

Doctor Leeland looked over at Ivy "I though you said you could handle her" she said flatly.

"I didn't know she was like this" Pamela replied quietly. Leland sighed. "Well now you know. You should be able to talk to her when she wakes up in a few hours."

Pamela nodded and continued to stare blankly at the blonde in front of her, her head resting on her fist. Doctor Leeland sighed and motioned for Tom to exit the room with her. This was worse than she though.