Steps

I waltzed slowly into the slightly empty, messy, living room. My husband, Dallon, and I, just just moved into a new house. We hadn't fixed that much, but the bedroom and kitchen were already good, I guess. I danced gracefully, looking at each of my steps. I spun around, only to see Dallon peeking out of our bedroom door.

"Hello, Dallon," I smiled.

"You never you told me you can dance, Y/N," he slightly laughed.

"We can dance now if you want to," I suggested, motioning my hand for him to come to me. And so, he did. Dallon walked towards me and held my hand, placed my other hand on his shoulder, and snaked his around my waist. I smiled as we started moving around the room. I rested my head on Dallon's chest as we danced. This felt good, it was just like he promised.

"I promise, Y/N. It'll all still be the same. Loving you was the best thing I did, and will continue to do," Dallon said as the light of the moon reflected in his eyes.

"Y/N?" he asked.

"Hm?"

"You know how much I love you right? Well, I haven't explained it further, bu—"

"I know, I know. I love you too," I reached up to his shirt, gently pulling it down. He bent slightly as I gave him a peck on the cheek. We continued dancing, and stayed like that for a few minutes before pulling away.

"I can't express how much I love you, Y/N."

"I love you more than anything, Dallon."