{20}

It had been just over a week since my fun little unplanned, non-consensual weekend trip to an abandoned gas station where apparently someone was creating a newborn army, and because of this, my family became a little bit on edge

And I got to eat pizza every night because they felt bad for me and didn't have to go to school, which you know, kinda rectifies the situation I was in. I was sat in the living room with everyone but Bella, Edward and Tristan. Tristan was at the diner with the guys from school covering for me saying I had the stomach flu. I had a cup of coffee in my hand and a throw over me to keep me warm, we were all intensely watching the news.

"The situation's getting worse" Carlisle mumbled "two more people went missing this week."

"Probably because they lost Mia" Jasper said through gritted teeth, placing his hand on my knee "loose one replace with two more, that's how it used to work when..." he drifted off and I placed my own hand over his for reassurance. We all knew Jasper's past and how he was used by this psycho Maria to help train her newborn army in the deep south. They were very common back then, and very deadly. Thank god the civil war was happening or else it would have attracted more notice.

"But who is doing this?" Rosalie asked "we've never heard of this person who kidnapped Mia, or the secret one who was changing them."

"I don't know" Carlisle sighed "but it looks like the Volturi aren't intervening so we may have to go down to Seattle, try and understand a bit more." I clutched the throw tighter to me, hiding my shudder, I didn't want to go back to Seattle for a long time. We heard Edward's car pull into the driveway and him slam the door angrily- great, as if this evening wasn't tense enough, hairspray man is here to dampen the mood.

"Carlisle" his voice flooded the room as he brought Bella upstairs "we need your medical kit." I sat up instantly placing my coffee on the coffee-table, stood up and headed over to where Edward sat Bella on one of the table chairs, her hand was red and bruised.

"What the hell happened to you, did you punch a wall because Edward's bitch face was stressing you out?" I remarked, receiving a glare of Edward.

"Not exactly" Bella said biting her lip "I kinda punched a werewolf in the face." Everybody went quiet for a second before my laughter boomed through the room like a town crier with a microphone, I had to sit down I was laughing so much.

"It's not funny Mia" Edward hissed at me, Carlisle walked over and began to inspect Bella's hand gently.

"Are you kidding Edward?! That's freaking hilarious, it would have been way more satisfying if she punched you but hey- beggars can't be choosers."

"It's just a sprain" Carlisle interrupted, beginning to wrap Bella's hand in a tight bandage "you'll need to rest it for a few days, no more punching werewolves."

"Wait, can this be counted as animal cruelty?" I grinned, causing Edward to throw his car keys at me "Hey! I'm trying to make light of this situation sheesh, you could beat Wednesday Addam's in a 'who smiles less' competition you know that?"