"Could you stop yelling at me for a minute" I said raising my voice too a little. "Just let me explain".

"Explain what to me Lexi? More lies!?"

"Gio I never lied to you! I started taking those pills when we got back together" I tried to explain. "After everything that has happened the first time when I lost the baby I just couldn't..."

"I thought you were over that! We talked about this. Even a few weeks ago we talked about trying for another baby, you agreed to it yet you knew you were against it and you've been deceiving me this whole damn time!?" Gio yelled.

"Gio that's not fair, you knew what happened. To hell you even had a hand in it, you know how much losing that baby affecting me!" I yelled back. "You of all people should understand why I had to do it".

"You're never going to let me live that down are you? One stupid angry mistake! What is this a plot to punish me for what I did? To make me forever guilty and remember what I did?" Gio asked.

"Why are you so mad about something so stupid!? I lost a baby before it scared the hell out of me. Sue me for being scared and not wanting to go down that road again" I said to him just as angry. "I didn't tell you that I was on the pill because I know you wouldn't like it, I thought it would be easier to keep it from you. But you can't blame me!"

"Then who the hell am I supposed to blame then Lexi? We talked about it, you agreed we would try for another baby and now I'm finding out that it was all an act?" Gio asked. "Just like the first time when you came into my life right?"

"You have no right to bring that up now!" I gasped angrily. "That's the past, it should stay in the past"

"As should the whole issue about the baby! I apologized a million times, you said you forgave me and that we'd forget about it and then this is what I find!?" Gio said as he throw the pack of pill to the floor in front of me. "I can't believe that you would do something like that"

"If you were a person I could talk to about it I would've told you before but no, I knew this was how you would behave" I responded. "You have no one to blame but your damn self!"

"I can't believe you right now" Gio said in shock and a flash of hurt from my words masked his face. "You never ceased to surprise me"

With that Gio turned and stormed out of the room leaving me to groaned in frustration. Guilt immediately washed over me about what I had done and even worst what I just said. I was always secretly still mad at him for being involved with me losing my baby and I know being scared was a part of the reason why I decided to be safe but thinking about things now I realized that maybe I was wrong and even more for what I just said to him. I probably just made him felt more guilty about what had happened but I was mad. Groaning I decided to ran after him, this isn't how things should be between us.

"Gio wait!"

I followed Gio into his office. As much as I was mad about what he had said about me acting just as when I first enter into his life, I know he must be hurt more about my respond. I couldn't leave here knowing that there was tension left behind, knowing we are mad at each other. Just minutes ago we were good and now we were at each other throat.

"Gio, about what I just said..." I started once I was in his office. "I didn't mean..."

"You didn't mean it?" Gio said with a harsh laugh. "Don't give me that Lexi, of course you meant it. They always say a drunk mind reveal sober thoughts but it doesn't only apply to drunken mind, its the same for when a person is upset".

"What did you want me to do Gio!? Did you want me to leave myself unprotected and vulnerable once again!?" I asked him.

"Before no! But we're married now Lexi, we are married. This is something you should have discussed with me. Something you should have let me know about, not just go behind my back and taking those pills!" Gio said still upset. "Not letting me have my hopes up that maybe one day soon I was going to be a father when you have no intention of making me one!"

Just by looking at his face I knew that my actions had hurt him big time, more than I imagine it would if he found out. I hated knowing that it's because of what I did; hiding and taking those pills that he was this hurt. I opened my mouth to start apologizing when there was a knock on the office door which stopped me from saying anything further. With one final look in my direction Gio went and drag open the door.

You wanted us to discuss business" I heard Lucas said as it was opened. "Did I after all come at a bad time?"

Great, he had to show up just now. I saw Gio's eyebrow twitched with anger and his jaw clenched a bit before he responded.

"No you didn't. Come in. I called you to discuss business and we are going to discuss things" Gio said to Lucas seriously before turning to me. "I'm going to be busy now, we'll talk about this later"

"Gio" I said in a defeated tone. How could I just leave now when things were like this between us.

"I said later Lexi" Gio snapped at me a bit harsh surprising me.

Raising his voice or snapping at me isn't something Gio did, well except for the time he thought I was betraying him and held a gun at me but differently he never got upset with me.

"Fine" I sighed shaking my head. "I'll go".

"You should" Gio replied in the same upset tone.

Sighing again I turned towards the door and passed Lucas without saying anything as I left his office.

I guess I would just have to go and make it up to him later when I got home. I seriously didn't think it would be like this if he found out, I didn't even think he would've found out for that matter. Now things were just really messed up.

Gio's POV

Slamming the door behind her, I turned to face Lucas as I tried to forget the whole reason why I was mad.

"So what's the development?" I asked him completely ignoring the fact that he had just witness Lexi's and I brawled a minute ago.

"I got a perfect location for the new casino" Lucas replied.

I waited for him to continue. I didn't have to ask where for him to know to just tell me, right now I wasn't in any mood to ask small questions like those.

"It's that building off 62 Kildare street" Lucas continued. "Inside where that old boxing gym used to be"

"So did you purchase the building?" I asked.

"I talked to the owner but haven't finalized the deal, I thought I'd run it by you first" Lucas replied.

"Lucas if I didn't think you could do the job I wouldn't put you in charge of it. Do what you have to do"

"Good, I can finalized it later" Lucas said to me.

"With that out the way..." I said to him. "How is everything with the girl? She hasn't opened her mouth about anything as she?"

"Not as far as I know. The guys watching her haven't heard anything. Just that she's staying with her friend and they're both working at Salty's club bar" Lucas said. "She isn't going to say anything".

"How are you so sure? You can't trust a recovered drug addict to keep quiet if she has a relapse" I said to him.

"Carter and Jay are keeping an eye on her and she was left with a warning not to get reinvolved" Lucas replied. "I don't think she'll be stupid enough to go back into it".

"You better be sure because if she does, she'll be a liability that you're going to have to deal with".