Tonks nods, looking unconvinced. I reach out and ruffle her hair.

“He’ll come around,” I tell her. She sighs, but smiles.

“I know,” she replies, “how’re you feeling?”

“Fat,” I laugh, sinking onto the couch, “I don’t remember being this big with Alithea.”

“You’re not that much bigger than me,” Tonks, says, sitting beside me and comparing bumps, “and you’re much further along than I am.”

I laugh at the different sizes in our bumps. I look like a whale next to a mouse.

“When are you due?” Tonks asks.

“November,” I reply, “you?”

“April,” she smiles, “a spring baby!”

“Lucky thing,” I laugh, “all mine will be winter babies.”

“Do you want lots of children?” Tonks asks, tucking her legs up. I smile slightly and shrug.

“I know George does,” I reply, “he loves children, but I think two, maybe three will be quite enough for me.”

“I’d love to have lots of babies,” Tonks says in a rare moment of girlishness, “I want five. I want a lot of girls!”

“Me too,” I agree, “I want them all to have red hair and hazel eyes.”

“Do you want twins?”

I think for a moment, then shake my head slowly.

“Not really,” I say, “I don’t think I could handle two at once. And if they’re anything like Fred and George…”

I shake my head and laugh. Tonks smiles. We sit in silence for a while, watching Alithea playing with a toy train.
“I wish the circumstances were better,” Tonks comments after a few minutes.

“What, you don’t think having a child during Vold-“

“STOP!” Mr Weasley runs into the room. We both look up, surprised.

“What?” I ask.

“The name’s been tabooed,” he tells us, “don’t say it.”

“Sorry, during You-Know-Who’s takeover,” I say, “is a good idea?”

Tonks smiles at me, but I can see the worry in her eyes.

“We’ll get through this,” I tell her, “in a couple of years we’ll look back and… Well, not laugh, but we’ll be able to tell our kids about how brave we are.”

“Speaking of kids, can we go home?” George asks as he and Fred walk in the door, “I’m out of it.”

“Alithea, up to daddy,” I say, climbing to my feet. George gently touches my baby bump, a smile playing on his lips. Alithea leans against his leg, trying to get his attention.

“Daddy!” she whines, pulling on the leg of his pants. George looks down at her.

“We’ll have to teach her to share,” he comments. He drops to his knees and looks at Alithea.

“Can you see Mummy’s tummy?” he asks, “there’s a little baby in there.”

“Baby cat?” Alithea asks.

“No, a baby person,” George chuckles, “soon you’ll have a little brother or sister.”

“I see?”

“Not yet, but if you’re very gentle you can put your hand on Mummy’s tummy,” George says. Alithea reaches up and touches my stomach. I can feel the warmth of her tiny hand and then I feel a little sharp movement in my stomach.

“Ah!” Alithea cries, stepping back in shock. She starts to cry and George picks her up quickly.

“What happened?” he asks, looking confused.

“Don’t like baby!” she wails.

“The baby kicked her hand,” I laugh, running my hand over my stomach, “maybe we need to teach them both to share.”

“Aw,” George chuckles. Fred leaps over immediately and presses his hand against my stomach where Alithea’s hand had been a moment before.

“That’s amazing,” he croons as the baby kicks again. Tonks shoos him away to feel as well.

“Wow,” she sighs, “does it feel weird for you?”

“Yep,” I cringe.

“It’s stopped!” Tonks exclaims, “did I hurt it?”

“No,” I laugh, “it’s probably tired itself out.”

“Aw,” she cries, “that’s so cute!”

“Yeah, not so cute at one in the morning,” I laugh.

“Does it wake you up?” she asks curiously.

“Sometimes,” I reply, “when I was about eight months with Alithea, she’d wake me up during the night, but usually she’d be sleeping too.”

“I can’t wait to feel my baby,” Tonks sighs longingly. I smile at her.

“I can promise that Remus will be the best father ever,” I tell her.

“If he ever comes back,” she mutters. I squeeze her hand tightly.

“He will,” I tell her, “he’ll be back soon.”

She nods and smiles.

“You’ll have to help me sew some clothes,” she tells me, smiling, “I’m useless.”

“If I have a boy and you have a girl you can have a lot of Alithea’s old stuff,” I tell her, “she’s outgrown nearly everything.”

“Speaking of going home,” George hints. I roll my eyes at Tonks and say goodbye to Fred.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Okay, so I'm doing promoing in the next chapter (cause I thought it'd be cool for it to be in chapter 100) so send me links to stories and they'll be in the next one!! Next chapter will be out either early tomorrow (EST) or on Sunday... Wedding day tomorrow... Hope it's not crashed by death eaters!!!