Chapter 42

Hey guys, I'm posting another chapter this weekend because I love you. In exchange can you check these out:

http://www.wattpad.com/2447248-ish-and-everything-in-between-how-they-met

http://www.wattpad.com/2398866-i-love-a-sunburnt-country-%7E-george-weasley-love

Thanks :) Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Maddie’s POV**

As Christmas approaches I’m forced to spend less and less time helping the Order – not that I was doing much anyway – and more time resting.

One night, about a week before Christmas, I’m sitting in the dining room knitting when dad comes running into the room.

“What’s wrong?” I ask, dropping my knitting.

“Arthur was attacked on duty,” he says.

“Oh no! Is he alright?”

“I have no idea. Harry and the Weasleys will be here soon-”

We jump as there’s a crack and Moody appears in the kitchen looking harassed.

“We need you to cover Arthur’s post for an hour,” he says, “Tonks can’t get there immediately.”

“But Dad can’t-”

“Not him, you,” Moody interrupts, “now come on.”

“Moody, there’s no way-”

“She’s the only one,” Moody interrupts, “believe me, it’s a last resort.”

He hands me an invisibility cloak.

“Let’s go.”

“I’m sorry,” Tonks whispers as she reaches the post three hours later, “any trouble?”

“Nothing,” I reply, handing her the cloak, “any news from Mungo’s?”

“Not yet,” she replies, “I guess Molly will go straight to Number Twelve when she knows.”

“Right,” I nod, “I’ll see you round.”

I disapparate and land on the front steps. I push the door open and step inside away from the cold. In the dining room the Weasleys, Harry and Dad are all sitting in silence, waiting. Ginny has fallen asleep in her chair. I get a blanket from a nearby cupboard and creep into the room to lay it over her. George looks up at me, his eyes full of dread. I kiss him on the forehead and sit down next to him.

At about five Mrs Weasley walks into the room, looking pale. She smiles and the tension breaks.

“He’s going to be fine,” she sighs. Fred, George and Ginny quickly walk over to hug her.

“Breakfast!” Dad cries. I leap up and go to help him.

“Sirius? Can I talk to you?” Harry asks from the door way.

“I’ve got this,” I tell Dad. I cook some bacon, eggs and toast and put the kettle on to boil. I carry the food out on a huge platter and pour the tea out.

I feel a sharp pain in my stomach and my head begins to spin.

“Are you okay?” Harry asks, touching my arm.