Chapter 94

**Maddie’s POV**

I have bad dreams. Dreams where Alithea is screaming, trying to get away from me. Dreams where everyone I love is dying. I know it’s a result of what happened with Voldemort and everything, but it feels so real… As if they happened too.

**Fred’s POV**

“Go fish.”

Maddie picks up a card and tucks it into her hand.

“Ace, George?”

“Fish.”

I pick up a card. Ace of clubs. Score!

“Maddie, do you have a three?”

Maddie grudgingly hands me a three.

“You lot are useless!” Mum huffs, storming in, “I’ve got a wedding two days from now and it’s Harry’s birthday tomorrow!”

I jump and drop my cards.

“Perfect,” Maddie says, grabbing my three, “I win.”

“Dinner,” Mum scowls, stomping out again. Maddie shrugs.

“She’s got her knickers in a knot,” she mutters as George helps her to her feet. Alithea comes running in, holding a book.

“Daddy-”

She freezes, takes one look at Maddie and sprints out again.

“And here was I thinking I looked better,” Maddie jokes, “do we have an Order meeting soon?”

“We don’t know,” I reply, “since Mad-Eye… We’ve been a bit disorganised.”

Maddie limps with us into the kitchen and sits down.

“Want to sit with me, sweetie?” she asks Alithea. Alithea grabs my leg and shakes her head.

“Fine,” Maddie sighs, rolling her eyes.

“Thanks for dinner, Mrs Weasley,” Hermione says as we start on dessert.

“Yeah, thanks Mu-”

“PERTIFICUS TOTALUS!”

We all jump as Maddie falls off her seat and crashes to the ground. I leap to my feet and spin towards the door, my wand out.

I hear George gasp and Harry say ‘No way!’ and then Maddie’s attacker steps forward...