Epilogue

Epilogue

Today was the day that she would have came back to her. With her bright smile that made her fall for her even harder.

Tonight, at nine o'clock.

But she wouldn't go to the airport this evening, she doesn't have enough strength. She would sit in a bar, swallowing shots of tequila to block out her tears.

This past month she called her, and called her, and called her, until she just lost all her hopes.

When two weeks ago she called Taylor's mom, she knew the news, and while she cried over the phone, Karlie did her best to comfort her. She didn't cry, she would have come off as weak, and she didn't want to.

She wanted to look strong in front of other people.

Her mother called, too. She was so worried about her mental health, and she assured her mom that everything was okay, and if it wasn't, everything would be okay.

"Are you going to the airport to say hi to the other soldiers of other zones?" she asked.

"Maybe, I don't know," she replied, because she didn't really know if she wanted to go.

"I think you should go," her mom tried.

"Mom,"

"Even if--"

"Mom, please,"

"Even if Taylor's dead, I think you should go. Maybe someone will tell you where they will put her body. Maybe they will give you her things. You are her everything, and she is yours. I really think you should go, honey," she interrupted.

Karlie sighed, and she passed one hand through her messy hair, as she swallows the lump in her throat.

"Okay, I'm going."

-----------------------

"Karlie, don't make fun of me! It's not my fault that I'm an emotional mess when I watch Grey's Anatomy!" Taylor exclaims, bringing one finger to dry her tears.

"It's just a fiction," Karlie laughs.

"Yeah, yeah, be quite," Taylor grins, as she cuddles even further in her chest, Karlie wrapping one arm around her back.

"It's just that-- Owen was trying so hard to help his friend, but when Teddy arrived with help, he was long dead," she defended herself.

"Okay, but if Owen's friend wasn't stubborn, he would be alive and not dead," Karlie fires back.

"It's not his fault if the car exploded because of a bomb," Taylor laughs.

"Okay, enough," Karlie replies, as she lays on top of the shorter girl and starts kissing her neck with open mouth kisses.

"But the episode is not finished yet," Taylor laughs, but from her heavy breath, Karlie knows that she's perfectly enjoying it.

Taylor wraps her legs around her slim waist, and looses her hand in Karlie's hair. "I love you, Kar," she whispers in a heavy breath. Karlie bites her neck, just below her ear.

"I love you, too. I hope you won't die because of a bomb."

------------------------

She parks in front of the airplane, and she takes a deep breath.

She's going to ask the colonel, if he's still alive, explanations on Taylor's death.

She knows she will probably break down in front of the other soldiers, but she doesn't care, now that her soulmate is dead.

This is it.

She takes another deep breath, and she opens slowly the door, and she gets off the car, looking at the closed doors of the plane.
Something inside of her still hopes, but if her hopes would be percentage, her hopes would be 1%.

Her feet are heavy, her steps towards the Colonel slow.

There are so many soldiers around her, even if she knows that Taylor is not around, she still looks for her, for her face, for her eyes, for her smile.

She approaches the Colonel, with yet another lump in her throat.

But then, she sees a familiar face in the crowd; she doesn't know if she's dreaming or she's under some drugs she does not know the name of. But then, when the familiar face is more close to her, she sees bright teeth smiling back at her, and blue eyes met green.

The smile in her face is much more brighter then the stars in the sky, and the name slips by her lips breathlessly.

"Taylor, you're alive,"

the end

-------------------------------

So, this is the end, lol. Thank you all for your support, for all the votes and comments! Hope you enjoyed this story with me, and tell me below what you think of it!

Tell me what's your favorite part and the saddest one. :)

Again, thank you all for the support, love you guys!