Chapter 18

Chapter 18 –– Roses

She's holding her hand like her entire life depends on it. She feels out of place here in this private airport for different armies teams, holding her girlfriend's hand as they near her plane.

"Taylor Swift, nice to see you again," a familiar voice says behind them. Taylor turns around almost too quickly, as she smiles as soon as she sees J Johnson's grin.

"JJ!" she exclaims, leaving Karlie's side to hug the man. "I missed you," she whispers in his ear. He smiles and giggles softly, as he gives her a pat on the back.

"I missed you, too," he grins. He spots the girl behind Taylor, and with a mischievous smile he asks,"Who is this? Is she your hot crush you were talking about?"

Taylor blushes deeply, as she replies,"No, she's now my girlfriend," with raised eyebrows.

JJ cheers loudly as he laughs slightly, checking Karlie out with greedy eyes. When the taller girl, however, notices, she blushes deeply and clears her throat.

"Don't worry, I'm married," he reassures her. Karlie smiles awkwardly at the man, and him and her girlfriend have little talk, before she says something in his ear. He then leaves, winking at Taylor with a hopeful and encouraging smile.

"So, this is it," Karlie says with a little sad smile. Taylor takes her hands on hers, and she kisses the back of both of them.

"I love you," she starts. "and I have to give you something," she adds.

"What?" Karlie smiles.

Taylor reaches behind her back, and she hands the taller girl a red flower.

"Is this--"

"A rose? Yeah, it is," Taylor smiles.

"Well, I--"

"Let me explain," Taylor interrupts again. "I wanted to give you this rose because this represents my feelings I feel when you're around. I feel red, I feel refreshed when you're just in the same room as me. I feel revived. You make me brave, you make me feel things I've never felt before. You make me happy, you bring out the best in me. I wanted to give you this rose so that you wouldn't feel less loved, you wouldn't feel like I don't love you anymore just because I'm not there with you. I want you to know that you are the best thing that have ever happened to me. I want you to look at this rose and think about me. I'm going to always think about you, even when I'm sleeping," she continues.

From her bag she brings out a ring, and she hands it to the speechless girl. "This, well, this is a ring with a sunflower printed on it. Sunflower means longevity, and happiness. You could probably think I'm proposing, but you can think what you want of this ring. I want to spend the rest of my life with you because you make me happy, I love you. When you are ready to live the rest of your life with me, I'll be there, ready to marry you. I would marry you anytime, so, it's up to you," she smiles. "I'm going to wear one similar to yours, and when I'll touch it, I'm going to think of you, so that even if you're at the other part of the world, somehow, you're going to be by my side,"

Karlie has now steady tears running down her cheeks, and as she slips the ring in her ring finger, she kisses her cheek and embrace her in a tight hug. "I love you so much, Taylor. I hope I'd never lose you," she whispers against her ear. Taylor wraps her arms around her slim waist, and she kisses her bare shoulder.

"I love you, too. Do you like all of these?" she asks with a hopeful smile, as she leans back, meeting her girlfriend's green orbs.

"If I like them? I absolutely love them," she giggles. Karlie cups her face, kissing her forehead before locking their lips in a passionate and intimate kiss. "How did I get so lucky?" Karlie giggles against her lips.

"I don't know," Taylor grins, wrapping her arms around her neck and connecting again their lips. They don't care how many people are watching them, how many people are criticizing them, they just don't care about other people, in that moment.

Because in that moment, they were alone, even if hundreds of people were around them.

They were beautiful together.

They were simply meant to be.