Chapter 11

Chapter 11 –– Prom

She chooses a red dress for prom; it's her favorite color, and it also suits her perfectly. It kisses her hips gently, it hugs her toned long legs, making them seem a little longer. She doesn't know if Josh will like it, but something inside of her tells her that she is not dressing this good for him.

She sighs when, for the hundredth time of the night, she think about Taylor. What would she think about her dress? Would she like it or not? What dress is she going to wear? Is it going to make her heart beat faster?

She now realizes that she hates this kind of questions, so she just stop thinking, and with a final look at herself on the mirror, she picks up her pochette of the same color of the dress, and she heads out.

She's going to meet with Josh at the entrance of the big gym of the school, and she waits there when she sees that he's not there. She isn't surprised either when she checks her phone and sees he's late.

However, her anger immediately fades away when she sees a familiar face at the other end of the big room. Taylor seems like a lost puppy, her lips forming a little frown, as she scans the room with her beautiful blue orbs. She meets Karlie's gaze, and her jaw drops; she looks gorgeous. She is gorgeous.

Taylor is wearing a green crop-top and a white skirt, but for Karlie, right now, she's the most beautiful and incredible girl in the entire school, if not in the entire world.

In less than two seconds, however, Josh's face shows up in front of her. "Wow, Kar, you look gorgeous," he says breathlessly, checking her outfit out. Karlie doesn't mind the attention the guy is giving to her, because her eyes are fixated on Taylor's. The blonde's expression has changed, it's more sad and disappointed, but she tries to ignore it. Taylor herself said that she will get over her.

"Thank you," she replies, now looking away from Taylor. She regrets it immediately, because when she looks back at her, she is not where she saw her two seconds ago. She furrows her brow confused, arching her neck to look further.

"Do you want a drink?" Josh asks. Karlie nods, thinking that maybe, she will meet Taylor there.

They head to the bar, and they order two tequilas. "Why did you ask me to prom?" she asks curiously.

"You're the most beautiful girl I have ever met. And you seem funny, so I wanted to know you better," he replies, shrugging. Karlie nods understanding, and looks at the dance floor, still searching for her best friend. She realizes that she doesn't like Josh; sure, he's a cute guy, but he's not her type. He seems annoying and boring, and she just hopes that this night will end soon.

"So..." he trials off, a dumb smile dancing on his lips. Karlie raises her brow annoyed, as he continues. "Are you single?" he asks.

Karlie doesn't know how to answer that, because she is scared that if she will say she's single, he will torture her with his annoying little ass. But after all, she is single. So she gives an unexpected answer, that surprises even herself.

"Actually, I'm gay,"

Josh's jaw drops a little, his eyes wide open. "Really?" he asks. Karlie nods, and looks away, not wanting to look at him after her reply. "Wow, I didn't expect that," he laughs nervously. Karlie laughs too, as she replies,"Believe me, me neither,"

They laugh awkwardly, and after a few minutes, he excuses himself, and goes away. Karlie can finally sighs a sigh of relief, as she is finally alone and free from that boring and weird guy.

"I think you scared him," comes a laughing voice behind her. She turns around and she sees Taylor's sparkling blue eyes. She sits in front of her, Josh's spot, and smiles lightly. "Did you scare him?" she asks.