Chapter 19

Chapter 19 –– Survive

She walks into his familiar tent, a smile plastered on her face as she holds her favorite machine gun under her arm. The first thing she notices is that he's not alone, the Colonel is with him, and they seem very interested in talking about something serious.

"Good morning, Soldier," the Colonel says, approaching the blond in her uniform. "It's good to see you here. What do you need?"

"I paged her," Johnson says, looking at his friend with a serious look. "Colonel, we have to tell her about our plan," the sniper says to the tall man in front of Taylor.

He sighs. Nodding his head, he leads the blond near a table with a map spread on it. "We think that is best if we move in another zone. This zone, the Red one, they know where it is, so it's easier for them to find us and destroy us. We need to move as soon as possible," he explains.

Taylor is confused for a moment, asking herself why she has been paged. "What do I have to do with all of this?" she asks with a raised brow.

"I want you to be by my side, Swift. When that disaster happened, when Pryce died, you didn't care about your life. Even if she was long dead in that tent, you walked in to see if there was still a chance to save her. But when you realized there wasn't any, you stayed there with her, and you almost died," he says, giving her a pat on the back. "I want to walk side to side with you. I want you to be the deputy chief," he finishes with a tight smile.

Just as she starts nodding, outside were heard screams and shooting. "Grenade!" Someone exclaims, but it was too late. Taylor's ears sensed an explosion just beside them, and her body was catapulted backwards. Her back made contact with the cold hard ground, and she moans in pain when her machine gun hit her on the chest. Someone screams something in turkish that Taylor can't quite understand, and all she feels is her chest and abdomen in pain.

She stood up with difficulty, keeping a finger on her gun's trigger, and she screams the sniper's name. "JJ!" she exclaims. Flames are surrounding her, and it just reminds her of Cristina's death. She doesn't see him around, and her optimistic self tells her that maybe he was faster than them and run away. Maybe he was still alive, or maybe he was just dead, somewhere in the zone.

However, she spots the Colonel's body lying on the ground, his face covered, and she feels her knees weak. "Colonel," she whispers, and she hobbles towards him. She shakes his shoulder, and when she uncovers his face, she almost throws up at the sight before her; his face is covered in open wounds, bleeding, and half burned. She hardly swallows the lump in her throat, and she weakly stand up.

She wants to die.

She wants to go back home back in Karlie's arms.

She feels so stupid right now for leaving her.
She hears someone running towards her, and she makes a split decision. She lies almost on top of a dead body, and covers her face of his blood.

And stays still.

She waits.

And waits.

Until she hears unfamiliar voices talking a foreign language. She understand only one thing they said. "Dead," one says, checking Taylor's body out. She holds her breath, trying her best to look dead, and they believe it.

A second later, they're gone.

Silence.

She hears only the sound of the flames crunching, and a tear rolls down her cheek.

Maybe she's alone.

Maybe she's dreaming, and she's actually dead.

But when she opens her eyes, familiar brown eyes lock with hers. "You survived."

--------------------

Karlie inhales the sweet smell of the cookies that she just took out of the oven, and she smiles proudly.

In one month, her girlfriend would be home, and she just can't wait to see her again.

Just when she places the baking tin on the table, the light reflects her ring, and her smile gets even bigger if that's even possible.

She passes her fingers over it, and kisses it sloppily.

It's like feeling Taylor's arms sneak around her abdomen, pulling her closer and kissing her shoulder, just because she's taller than her and she can't reach the top of her head.

She can feel her lips on her pulse point, and the sensation makes her heart flutter.

Her stomach fills with flying butterflies.

Taylor's sweet voice cuddles her ears.

She feels like everything is good and everything is okay. Nothing could possibly go wrong.

Maybe when the shorter girl would come back, she would kiss her gently on the lips, and say against her mouth,"I want to marry you,"

Because she really wants to. She wants to marry that girl, who became her everything in little time.

She remembers when they met; young and shy.

She remembers when her blue orbs met her green ones, sending a shiver through her spine.

Everything is okay. Nothing could possibly go wrong.

Until her phone started to ring, showing Miranda's ID.

"Miranda, what's up?" she asks with a sweet voice, a grin on her lips.

"Karlie," her friend's voice was precipitate and harsh. Karlie's grin swiftly fades away. "There's been an accident," she adds, and her voice cracks horribly.

"What? Where?" Karlie says in a husky voice as she feels trapped inside of her own house.

"In Syria, where Taylor is at the moment," she replies breathlessly.

Karlie feels her heart beating so fast that she might explode. She asks then the question that she doesn't want to say, nor she wants to hear the answer.

"How many people died? Is Taylor okay?" she asks.

Her entire world falls when hearing her answer. Hell, she regrets even asking it.

"There are no survivors."

A/N: don't hate me, hahahah. Hope you like it, tell me what you think.