Chapter 13

Chapter 13 –– Italy

"Are we all set?"

"Yep, let's go,"

Suitcases in their hands, they exit their home, after staying there for two weeks. It's now mid July, and the Seattle breeze is a little hot. Both of the girls are wearing shorts and shirts. Taylor grabs the cat carrier, with Meredith inside of it, and puts it in the car. Karlie, like the gentlemen she is, grabs all their suitcases, and puts them in the car, too. She hops on the passenger seat, as Taylor, the one of the two with a drive license, hops in the driver seat. "Ready?" Taylor asks with a smile.

Karlie intertwines their fingers on the console of the car, and says smiling,"Ready,"

"Italy, here we go!" she exclaims, thrusting a fist in the air as she starts the engine, making it roar. Karlie giggles to herself, finding her girlfriend amusing. Taylor is only driving, and she's already singing with all the strength in her body, as Karlie laughs loudly at each note Taylor can't reach.

This is juts the beginning.

------------------------------

"Here is so hot, oh my God," Taylor sighs as she puts down the cat carrier on the bed.

"Yeah," Karlie agrees, sighing softly. "You're hot, too, you know," Karlie adds, teasingly.

"Karlie Kloss," Taylor warns with a low voice, even though her eyes are sparkling.

"Yeah, Taylor Swift?" Karlie teases. Taylor giggled as she walks slowly towards the taller girl, wrapping her arms around her neck.

"What did you just say?" she asks with a smile.

"I said that you're hot, too," Karlie says with a tight smile. Taylor laughs loudly, not even trying to contain it, and she keeps their foreheads close.

"I love you," she says quietly. "I just-- I never imagined that we would go to Italy as a couple. I was starting to get over you, but I think I never will," she adds, closing her eyes.

"I won't let you go," Karlie replies, placing her lips on Taylor's right cheek as she embrace her in a tight and warm hug. "I love you too, by the way," she adds softly.

"I know," Taylor giggles, tightening the hold around her neck. "I'm so happy," she smiles, rocking both of their body back and forth, making the taller girl laugh.

"Are we going out tonight?" Karlie asks, kissing her shoulder.

"Do you want to?" Taylor asks, separating from their hug. Karlie nods quickly. "Alright, then," she smiles.

The afternoon passed by quickly. They explored as much of Venice as they could; they went shopping, buying clothes that they never seen in Seattle; they took a gondola ride, they laughed, they took pictures of beautiful places and museums, and obviously they took selfies or pictures of each other.

"This quote is for you," Taylor said, looking at a sentence written on a wall. Karlie turned around with a furrowed brow, as Taylor read out loud,"Il mio cuore batte solo per te," in an Italian accent.

"What does that mean? I know I'm a nerd, but you're the one who choose the Italian course," Karlie laughed. Taylor laughed too, as she translated it for the taller girl to understand.

"'My heart beats only for you.'" she said, smiling lightly. Karlie pursed her lips, trying not to smile so big, as she pressed a kiss to her cheek.

"Aw, babe, that's so sweet," Karlie teased, as Taylor blushed hard. However, when Karlie stand behind the shorter girl, she whispered in her ear,"My heart beats only for you, too,"

---------------------------

They choose a beautiful restaurant near the river, as gondolas passed by them, the sun setting and a comfortable silence settled between them.

"Grazie," Taylor thanks the waitress, as she places the plates in front of the two girls. Karlie, knowing little of the Italian language, smiles tightly at the woman and mumbles something similiar to 'grazie'.

"This is really good," Taylor says, biting her meat as she nods. Karlie smiles at the sight of her girlfriend, thinking how romantic it is to sit here with her, right now.

"The salad is really good, too," Karlie comments, biting the food in her plate. During the meal they talked about the day they just had, and what they will do the rest of the week. Just as Karlie was about to say something, Taylor's phone started to ring.

"Hello?" she says. Immediately, a smile appears on her face, as her eyes start to glow. "Mom! How are you?" she exclaims. At the mention of Taylor's family, Karlie smiles, trying to hear their conversation.

"At the moment I'm in Italy with Karlie, and I have to talk to you about so many things, so we need to meet when I'm coming home, alright?" she says with a smile.

After five minutes, and Karlie finishing her food, Taylor puts down her phone with a grin on her face. "It was my mom," she says. "I said that we could meet with your family for your birthday, if that's okay with you?" Taylor asks shyly.

"Sure, I will warn my family tomorrow," she replies with a grin. Taylor smiles, and she finishes her meal under a loving and soft stare of her beautiful girlfriend.