Cauchemars

Running. That's all she could do, run. She didn't know why. She just felt her legs carrying her further and further through the streets of Paris. She had no control of herself. Looking backwards, she finally caught a glimpse of what she was running from. A swarm of akumas, taken shape into a giant monster. Chasing her. A silent scream emitted from her mouth, as she willed her legs to run faster. They did just that, and she made a shape turn into an alley. Still running, she could see a tall fence up ahead, and hear the monster behind her.

"I can do this..." She felt her body tense as she ran, slightly bending down. As she neared closer, so did the monster. She could feel it's breath on her back.

"Come on..... Come on..!" Then she jumped. She jumped as high as she could, her arms raising in front of her as they caught the top of the fence. Her palms barely touched the sharp wire for more than a second, before she propelled herself over, her legs flying in front of her and her hands under, looking like she was making a jump in leap frog. Her body crashed upon the hard ground, as she tumbled and rolled, grunting once she landed. She ended up landing on her elbow, which dislocated the bone. A scream echoed through the alleyway, as she gripped her arm tightly. After she screamed, a maniacal laugh could be heard echoing through the world. She flinched as tears welled up in her bluebell eyes, and she staggered back up to her feet, once again running. She could hear the monster clamoring over the fence behind her, she heard as it landed on the ground with a "thud", and begin to chase her again. She sobbed silently. She just wanted to go home. As she turned yet another corner, she gasped as she came to a sudden stop.

A wall.

She felt the tears that had welled up in her eyes fall, as she dropped to her knees. No.. No... This couldn't be possible! She was in a dead end. As her jet black hair hung in waves around her face, as the tears continued to fall. She could hear the monster padding up behind her.

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

She slowly turned to face it. It was huge. Bigger than a bus. She could see the flurrying Storm of akumas as they flapped wildly, their glows radiating through the darkness. She blinked once at it, before sniffling. The monster raised its claws, ready to strike. Marinette whispered one last thing, before the monster got her.

"I'm sorry...."

And everything went black, as the monster impaled it's sharp claws through her chest.

******************

"Marinette... Marinette! Wake up girl!" At the sound of her name, the sleeping black-haired girl shot up.

"Stop!!!" She screamed, before scooting as far back as she could. But she didn't get too far, before falling out of her chair and onto the floor.

"Marinette! Calm down!!" Alya exclaimed, trying to comfort her best friend. But Madinette didn't hear her. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she screamed. The other students watched in shock. The only one poking fun was, of course, Chloé.

"Hahaha! What's wrong with her! She looks like an idiot with all that crying and stuff!" Alya and Nino glared daggers at the blonde, before turning back to Marinette. She was breathing heavily and her eyes were dilated, as they quickly scanned the classroom. Just then, Mari bounded up and out of the classroom, screaming.

"No no no no no no no no no no!!" The blue haired girl cried, as she ran out the school and into the streets of Paris. It was raining, and she was getting soaked. But Marinette didn't care. She ran all the way home, into her house, and up to her room, startling her parents.

"Marinette?" Sabine barely got to finish her sentence, before her screaming daughter slammed the trapdoor to her room. Marinette immediately slid under her bed, pulling the covers under with her. She wrapped herself in the comforter, and scooted all the way against the wall in the corner of her bed. The pigtailed girl panted heavily, tears streaming down her face. Tikki and Plagg, who were sitting on her desk, stared worriedly at the girl.

"What could be wrong now?" Plagg sighed, taking a bite of his Camembert. Tikki glared at him, before zooming over to her holder.

"Marinette? Are you okay?" The red and black kwami asked, her blue eyes glancing over the shaking girl. Marinette shook her head, as she hid deeper under the covers.

"Something's happening Tikki. I keep having this nightmare.. Something is gonna happen, I just know it..." Mari's voice cracked as she spoke. It sounded like she was dehydrated. Tikki furrowed her brow.

"What is the nightmare about?" Marinette let out a shaky sigh, before continuing.

"I'm running through Paris, it's nighttime. I'm being... Chased. By something... A monster. Made of Akumas. I keep running and running. I jump over a fence and dislocate my elbow. But I keep running. Soon I reach a dead end, and.. And the monster catches up. I turn around to face it, and just before it.. it kills me, I whisper, 'I'm sorry.'" She finished the sentence as more tears well up.

"But after it kills me... I see.. I see Cha- I mean- Adrien, dying again. Why is this happening?! I thought I was done with nightmares!" Marinette lets out a sob, before burying herself deeper into the warmth of her covers. Tikki sighs, and goes over to her holder.

"Marinette, it's been two years. I know you shouldn't be having nightmares and all, but I think you're right. Something is coming. But sadly, I don't know what." Mari looked up at her kwami, before sighing and closing her eyes.

"I don't know. I guess we'll see." Before either of the two could say anything else, the sound of footsteps coming upstairs could be heard. Tikki and Plagg hid inside of Marinette's pillow, while Marinette cuddled deeper into her covers. Sabine peeked her head through her daughter's trapdoor.

"Marinette? Are you in here?"

"Yes maman. I'm here." Sabine spotted her daughter under the bed, and walked all the way into her room, clearly holding a plate of cookies and some pumpkin pie.

"I brought you something. You came home crying, and me and your father were so worried about you." Sabine explained, setting the plate down on Marinette's desk and crouching down to peek under the bed.

"Oh, sorry about that. I just, wasn't feeling so well. That's all maman." Marinette said, smiling weakly. Sabine, looked worriedly at her daughter, before nodding.

"Alright then. Get better dear." Soon, she started walking back downstairs. Before Sabine completely left the room, she turned back around.

"Oh, and someone left this on the doorstep for you." Sabine placed down a small, light blue box, with black ribbon. Then she left. As soon as the trapdoor closed, Marinette climbed out from under her bed.

"A present for me? What, who, could have given me this?" As she opened the box, Tikki and Plagg flew out and sat on her shoulders.

"What is it Marinette?" Tikki asked. Once the box was open, Mari pulled out a silver necklace, with a black pawprint shaped pendant and neon green designs. Marinette gasped.

"What the? Who's that from??" Plagg exclaimed, eying and inspecting the piece of jewelry. It looked really expensive, who could have bought this?

"Look, there's a note in here!" Tikki said, picking up the folded up paper in the box. Marinette gratefully took it and unfolded it, beginning to read. As she read, her eyes slowly widened.

"It.. It can't be..!" She read over the note again. Sure enough, it said;

"Hello Princess~" Marinette blinked in confusion. Her mouth sat slightly agape as she stared. There was only one person in the world who called her princess. Could it be..?

"Chat..." The bluinette whispered, as she and the kwamis stared at the necklace.

"He's back."