Chapter 54 - A Golden Tempest To Steal Life, A Golden Blade To Deliver Death

Depuis le début

Their pupils grew opaque and the glow of life that shined up until a few moments ago had already almost completely faded away.

"How could this be?" He heard his voice that had already grown raspy, his tongue completely dried up and the previous moist and tearful eyes lost all lucidity. As he fell to the ground he had time for one last thought 'Do not get too close to the flame or we will get burnt... That is right, this time, we were nothing but moths...'

Now nothing more than bones, the remains of the countless mercenaries soon turned into ashes, scattering into the wind and then disappeared completely from existence, thoroughly absorbed by the terrifying golden tempest.

The faint yellow color of the small storm was now bright gold and the fierce winds had now turned into a huge hurricane, spanning for hundreds of meters: all the people inside it had either turned to ashes or were about to.

Their life energy, strength and struggle served only to enhance the size and power of the golden hurricane which absorbed even more people into that continuous cycle of suffering and death.

Up in the sky, Yin Hei and Lao Jianghu exchanged one last blow before distancing themselves from each other. The Shadow Dragon stared wide-eydedly at the scene below him "What the hell is that!"

His skin was completely black and although it looked like it had the consistency of carbon, it was actually really durable. Beneath various cracks, faint red light could be seen coming out. Two yellow eyes with a vertical black pupils resembling those of a snake stared at Lao Jianghu with both fear and annoyance

"Is it another one of your tricks, Tiger? That golden hurricane... Truly impressive, but don't think that it will be able to defeat me! As I am now, nobody in this lowly plane should be able to even think of defeating me! Look at me! A body with a peak Reverend stage cultivation!"

His appearance was completely hideous and he looked like a man had been cut into countless pieces, had been thrown into lava and then each and every charred piece of his flesh had been meticulously sewn back together with red bloody strings.

Right now, black blood was flowing from some of his wounds, they were in no way life threatening wounds, they were mostly scratches and bruises.

"Humans have challenged the heavens and thus their path to immortality has been sealed! This is the peak of the life forms named humans! No human would be stronger than the Reverend stage! You would not be foolish enough to think that you will be able to find any help in this plane, where only human cultivators dwell and no beast of the heavens live, would you?"

Lao Jianghu panted and then looked at the battlefield below unconcerned. He listened to the man's words in front of him as he rested, not worried in the least that he would use some dirty trick as they spoke.

It was a somewhat unspoken rule: both of them had been fighting each other for a very long time so they had grown somewhat affectionate to the other.

Although this would not change the fact that they were going to ruthlessly murder each other later, the spirit of two rivals was born deep into their subconscious.

That was why, although before the battle they would prepare with all sort of tricks, in this final battle they would not act cowardly and attack the opponents with sneak attacks or annihilate them while they were talking, they were proud creatures, they were Heavenly Beasts!

Kings among beasts such as them would fight to the death, exhausting all their means but they would also be more civilized about it and fight it out in a 'fair' contest. Or at least, they would act fair during breaks and not gang up on the opponent.