Chapter 54 - A Golden Tempest To Steal Life, A Golden Blade To Deliver Death

Cheng Hao smiled seeing the nine figures speeding towards him. He looked around and saw the thousands of terrified mercenaries surrounding him and a vicious idea formed into his mind...

His expression turned cold and ruthless as he yelled "Members of the Shadow Dragon Faction! You may blame me, but you must first blame yourselves for standing in my way! I firmly believe that it is your own choice that you stand in front of me but I will give you a word of advice..."

He smiled mockingly and lowered his head so that his extremely fiendish expression couldn't be seen "Be careful not to get too close to the flames, otherwise you will get burned!"

Suddenly, his body flickered and he reappeared almost a mile away. Those who saw him immediately jumped back in fright, expecting some kind of brutal attack, but the child unexpectedly simply closed his eyes and stood still.

The mercenaries looked at each other in confusion but they didn't dare to lower their guards. Instead each of them prepared themselves to attack: some lifted their weapons, some began to chant strange scriptures, others ate mysterious pills and felt their bodies' energy skyrocket...

Just when they were about to charge ahead, Cheng Hao moved slightly, startling all the surrounding cultivators. Just like animals scared by the smallest noise, they jumped back a few meters, their legs trembling and their breathing became ragged.

Cheng Hao opened his mouth and a faint golden smoke came out, coiling around him like a dragon made of golden mist. The faint golden glow began to gather around him and the boy began to rise into the air. Hovering in the air while surrounded by that golden aura, it made him look like some kind of divinity who had descended upon the world of the mortals.

He opened his arms as if he was embracing the whole world and his expression was serene. When he opened his eyes, they glowed with a light so bright that it was almost blinding.

He opened his mouth and muttered "I warn you one last time... Don't get too close to me or you might lose some of your weight... Actually, you will lose all of it!" He smiled fiercely and a strong air current suddenly began to churn around him like a tornado, the current was completely golden and spanned a few meters in all directions from Cheng Hao's body.

Two of the cultivators were engulfed as soon as the aura expanded, they closed their eyes and awaited their death... Which didn't come! Flabbergasted, they looked at their bodies and didn't find anything wrong with them.

They were enraged and their cheek were completely red from shame. They yelled and charged towards the eye of the golden storm without waiting any longer and they soon could not be seen anymore.

The mercenaries looked at each other: their gazes grew firm and their expressions became determined. They were about to charge towards the boy when someone suddenly shrieked "My body! What is happening?"

Hearing that yell, a man suddenly felt uneasy and soon after he began to feel cold. At first it was only a slightly chill and he ignored it but it soon became unbearable: it was as if all warmth was being sucked away from him, as if all his blood had been turned into ice.

He looked down to see his hands. His heart almost bulged out of his chest: his hands were slowly becoming wrinkled and losing their strength, their energy sucked away. He let go of his weapon to touch his face and, instead of the smooth skin of a youth he found the rough surface of an old man's skin full of wrinkles.

"Wh-What is this?"

He looked around him and saw that the people around him were all aging at rapid speeds, those who were the closest to the center of the hurricane were now nothing more than dried up bones with a faint layer of skin covering them!