The life of Laika Irene White Chapter 3

Josh said he was going to take Buddy out for a walk and was taking his phone if we or he needed us. I watched him leave with a slight bit of worry creeping over me. I turned back over to L and sat down beside him like I did with my older brother when he was really stressed about something.  

"Is there something thats troubling you--- you can always tell me I will do my best to understand what ever it is." I said reassuringly.  

He looked into my eyes judging his logical reasonings. I was staring strait into his eyes not holding back the seriousness deep in them. His eyes blinked a few times before he started chewing on a nail. 

"Thats a bad habit if you don't fix it you'll lose your nail... at least thats what they say when your young and simple minded and believed just about any little thing. But as we get older we can think clearly about things we never were before. We learn from our childhood mistakes but thats what makes us human." I said to him reminiscing in times past. 

He turned to face me again. 

"You have to be the most different person I have ever met." 

I smiled to myself, of coarse I the one and only Laika Irene White...  

"Thanks, Its obvious that you have something on your mind though." I stated looking back into his eyes. 

His eyes were still thinking logically about this, with every word I spoke he was thinking of the next logical answer. His face was empty of all emotions. I sighed waited for him to start.  

"I can't figure out how you and Josh got here, I've been trying to figure this out but I can't. The way your brother said you were running away from a tornado, how could of it been the ditch you jumped into that dropped you here, but thats impossible."

I looked into those eyes "I don't either but there must be a reason why we got stuck hereâ€"â€" other wise I do not think that my Brother and I would be here."  

I turned back towards the windows watching the sun ray beam through the thick curtains. The rays danced in the carpet singing songs of bright spring flowers and birds singing into the air. I turned back to fave L's face where he was staring into my eyes directly making me blush a slight shade. I turned another way to gather myself before facing him again. 

"You have pretty emerald green eyes sorry if I made you blush," He said kindly

"Thank you, your hair looks cool," I sent back with a smile 

He said blushing but hiding it in his pale face. It was real easy for him to hide his blush, but I could tell it was there, I could always tell. I blushed even deeper rosy pink. I turned my eyes back to my hands that were gently resting against my knees. My wet hair was in the process of air drying so it was expanding. I brushed my fingers through my light brown hair, I was thinking of what to say next.  

"THAT WAS A GREAT JOG!" Josh proclaimed  

Josh was walking in with Buddy panting like crazy searching for water. I ran over to Buddy's small backpack opening it to the portable water bowl (the one with the folding water bottle.) I set it down as he drank the entire bottle of water to the last drop. I jumped up and rushed to fill the water bottle up again. I had rushed back tripping over buddy who was sprawled out on the cold floor panting. The water went all over L and Josh, I had face planted into the ground. I swear I broke my nose again. Because when I stood up my nose was bleeding.  

Josh rolled his eyes "Great you broke your nose again, this has to be like the fourth time this year," he sighed 

He stepped over the dog. I was just holding my nose so the blood didn't get any where. L had called for Watari and soon us all and the dog were heading to the hospital over a broken nose that has happened some many times I've lost count. I tried telling L and Watari that there was no need to do this, because it had happened so many times. They kept saying that it was no problem. Josh kept calling me a klutz. I slapped him in the back of the head telling him he shouldn't call people names, especially not me.