Stalker Chapter 1

***

Poem

Eyes watching every single move you make,

Following every step you take.

You look behind you and see no trace,

Of the stalker that knows your face.

You can try to run,

But there's no where to hide.

Lies come in disguise,

With nothing but different eyes.

If you seek,

You won't find the answers,

Because the truth is just hidden disasters.

***

Josh Pecker walked down the hallway to his locker. He was used to the many eyes that followed him. Josh was the most popular guy in school. Well he has been since the sudden and tragic death of the first guy that came before him.

He jerked his locker open roughly.

"Hey Josh, are you having a good day?" asked Isabel.

"Yeah it's alright" He shrugged.

"Good to hear. Do you want to come to church on Sunday" Isabel offered him.

"Um...I'll pass." He replied as he got the last of his books out.

"Okay but if you ever feel like coming to church with me just let me know." She smiled.

"Will do then." He smiled back.

Josh wasn't the church type but he didn't care if he went or not just as long as if he had a choice not to go he wouldn't.

He lazily made his way to his classroom. Everyone was already in their seats waiting for the lesson to begin.

"Hey man" Alex greeted him with a handshake.

"Hey"

"Quiet now class, let's begin." Mrs Leno walked up to the whiteboard and started writing.

Different girls tried to pass notes to Josh as he was trying to work.

He decided to open one of them.

'Are you coming to Matt's party on Friday?'

One of the notes read. He checked the rest of the notes and most of them asked the same question except two which said 'I love you so much'.

He looked around to find almost all the girls in the class glaring at him.

He spotted Kate in the distance and smiled at her.

"So are you?" Kate whispered across the room.

Josh nodded.

"Cool" She chirped.

"Kate are you working!?" Mrs Leno growled.

"Yes, ma'am" Kate continued writing.

"Josh" Jade called being cautious of the teacher.

Josh looked up from his page and at her.

Kate's dark green eyes shot up and watched Josh and Jade converse.

As soon as the bell rang Kate ran over to Josh and linked arms with him before any other girl could get to him.

Kate walked slowly with Josh to his locker. All eyes were watching them but they didn't seem bothered.

Kate scared away a few people with her piercing eyes warning everyone to back off.

"Hey Kate" Isabel smiled as she walked by with her friends.

Kate scowled at her which caught Josh's attention.

He moved his arm away from Kate and continued to pack his books away.

Kate tried her hardest not to scream but was unsuccessful at not showing her rage.

She stomped up to her posse "You need to help me get Josh at Matt's party on Friday" She demanded.

"Yeah sure" They all agreed.

As Josh walked home he felt a certain presence but couldn't see anyone around. He shrugged his shoulders and kept walking. Later that night he couldn't sleep. There was just something not right. He tried to brush the feeling off but it didn't work.

In the morning Josh walked alongside Alex like a zombie. He hadn't gotten any sleep last night because of the tree branch scraping the window. Well...he hoped it was the tree branch.

Wednesdays have always been the worst day of the week for Josh but he managed to survive.

He searched his whole locker for his math book. He couldn't see a single trace of where it might have gone until Kate suddenly showed up from behind him.

"Hey" She startled Josh.

"Whoa, don't ever do that again" He panted.

"I'm sorry. I just came to return your book." She tried to look innocent.

Josh was too tired to even ask questions like why she had it. He just grabbed his book and walked off to his classroom.

"Hey Josh" Isabel greeted him.

"Hey" He didn't even look at her.

Josh sat down and felt the same piercing green eyes on him but this time no one was even looking at him.

As the day slowly went by Josh slowly became paranoid. He had a strange feeling but tried to brush it off every time.

He felt like someone was staring hard into his soul.

Josh tried to find refuge in his bedroom.

He placed his earphones in his ears and put the music on full blast. He stayed like that for half an hour until he heard his ringtone faintly and paused his music.

There was no caller ID "Hello?"

The other end of the line was dead silent. The creepy sound of the branches scrapping against his window sent chills down his spine as he waited for the person on the other end of the line to answer.

"Okay? I'm going to hang up now." He announced before hanging up.

As he was about to place his ear phones back into his ears the phone rang again.

"Hello?" He spoke louder and irritated.

There was a light breathing sound on the other side of the line this time.

"Um...hello?" Josh said shakily.

"I love you." I creepy voice answered on the other end.

"Is this a prank call?" He hoped it really was."

"No, do you love me?" He still couldn't make out the voice. It was muffled.

"Um...I don't know you." He was confused.

"You do know me and I know you love me. I can see it in your eyes.

The person spoke with so much confidence.

"In my eyes?" The phone cut before the person on the other end could reply.

Josh shook his head as if trying to wake up from a dream but he wasn't in a dream, he was in a nightmare.