Stalker Chapter 7

(A/N) Sorry this took so long. Enjoy!

***

End Chapter 6:

"Freeze, don't move!" A police officer shouted from outside the office.

Agent Jennings walked out the door to investigate.

Josh followed with Alex and his mum. They were shocked at the sight they saw.

Continuation...

Kate was standing in the middle of the room looking as shocked as ever.

"Put your hands up!" the policeman ordered. Josh, Alex and Mrs. Reed watched with terror.

Kate slowly put her hands up to reveal them covered in blood.

"Get on the floor!" Agent Jennings yelled at Kate.

Kate slowly and shakily got on her knees. Tears were escaping her eyes as her face trembled.

"Someone blindfolded me and took me out of my cell. I swear!" Kate shouted with panic when a police officer hand cuffed her and told her that anything she does or says will be held against her in the court of law.

"Tell that to the judge." Agent Jennings said to her.

"No!" Kate sobbed as she suddenly stood up.

The police pulled out their guns and pointed them at her.

"Get down, now!" Agent Jennings ordered her.

"No! I want a lawyer!" Kate looked like a five year old throwing a tantrum.

"You'll get a lawyer once we get you back into your cell." Agent Jennings tried to keep a calm tone.

"Um, sir," One of the officers interrupted.

"Can this wait?" Agent Jennings sounded like he was getting impatient. Kate was just standing in the same spot giving the officers that were trying to grab her dirty looks.

"One of the prisoners was murdered, and there're blood hand prints all over the crime scene." He told him.

Everyone slowly turned to look at Kate after he finished talking.

"You, Murderer!" Alex's mum, Mrs. Reed, spat out at Kate.

"It wasn't me, I swear!" Kate cried out.

"I always hated you." Alex spoke with venom in his voice as he tried to comfort his mother.

Kate gave Alex the death glare. The room was quiet and focusing on Kate and Alex's death glares towards each other.

"You better watch your back." She warned Alex.

"Or what? Are you going to kill me too?" Alex sounded angry.

"Maybe," Kate muttered just loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Don't you dare touch him." Josh cut in looking as if he was about to pounce.

"Right now, I am positive your stalking me and you killed those people. Just admit it so you can spent the rest of your life behind bars and we can go on with ours. You already caused us enough pain." Josh spoke harshly.

Kate looked like she was affected by his words and surrendered. She knelt back down on the ground and looked at the floor.

"I'm taking that as a confession to the crimes then." Agent Jennings examined Kate.

"Put her in a new cell and no one better touch that other cell, I need it for evidence." Josh could sense some satisfaction in Agent Jennings' tone.

"You guys better go rest in a motel or something. It's been a long 8 hours." Officer Snyder stood in the way, blocking them from seeing the sight of Kate being taken away.

"What was in her old cell?" Alex asked.

"You wouldn't want to know, or see it first hand for that matter." Officer Snyder grumbled as he directed them out the door.

Once outside, they saw an ambulance just arriving. That was when Josh remembered that Kate killed another prisoner just so she could escape.

"So, Kate's going to be charged with three counts of murder now right?" Josh asked Officer Snyder as he led them to his car.

"Yes she is and she's going to be charged for a whole lot of other things." Officer Snyder sounded like a teenager when their friend had just been busted doing something wrong.

"Can someone tell me why I come home from my Caribbean cruise and hear that my daughter has been in jail for God knows how long?!" Mr. Conley, Kate's dad, yelled at the police officers that were standing outside.

"Sir, long story short, you're daughter is the main suspect of a murder case. Right now she's being charged with three counts of murder and more." Officer Snyder announced as if he was bored.

Mr. Conley's mouth was hanging wide open with shock.

"Where is she?" He looked worried.

"I'm sorry, you cannot see her now. She just committed her third murder about fifteen minutes ago and now she's being interrogated and getting the blood cleaned off her hands, literally." Officer Snyder explained casually.

Mr. Conley had mixed expressions on his face. He didn't know how to feel or react.

"If you go inside Agent Jennings will be glad to contact a lawyer for you but knowing a business man like you, you would probably have your own lawyer." Officer Snyder grinned.

Mr. Conley gave him the evil eye before walking into the police station.

"So, Mrs. Reed what do you do for a living?" Officer Snyder asked Alex's mum, trying to make conversation as they got into the car.

"I'm a psychologist." Mrs. Reed replied.

"Wow, you must be very smart then." Officer Snyder reversed out of his parking space.

"I guess." Mrs. Reed giggled.

"Is he trying to flirt with my mum?" Alex whispered to Josh.

"I don't think so, stop being so paranoid." Josh whispered back to him.

"I'm not being paranoid, I just have my suspicions." Alex replied sounding like an angry five year old.

Josh shook his head. He was tired of everything that was going on but he was glad that he could finally have peace. They drove the rest of the way to the motel in silence.

Once they arrived, Officer Snyder checked them into a room and got a room for himself too.

"How come you got a room?" Alex asked.

"Someone has to watch over you guys until Kate is locked up in a juvenile detention centre." Officer Snyder looked bored. Alex studied him closely.

"Would you quit staring at me?" Officer Snyder looked as if he was getting angry.

Alex just walked off into the room where his mother and Josh were.

"Did you know they're going to send Kate to Juvi?"Alex examined Josh's facial expression.

"No, but I guess they would for the crimes she committed." Josh spoke in a bored tone.

"I'm going to sleep." Mrs. Reed announced before laying down on one of the two single beds in the room.

"Rock, paper, scissors on who takes the couch." Alex put his hand into a fist.

"I'll take the couch," Josh dived onto the couch.

"Okay, you can have one of the blankets then." Alex threw him a blanket.

Josh and Alex made themselves comfortable before they dozed off into deep sleep filled with nightmares, just like reality.

************************************************************************************************************************

please comment and vote! xD