Chapter 11 - Apologies

The rest of the week went by quite uneventful, I simply woke up, went to work, came home, had dinner with Dani, then watched a movie or some TV, then we went to bed. It was great having Dani around because we weren't some raging party goers, but we didn't just lock ourselves away at home. We had this healthy balance and I loved it.

Now I was currently on my way to Jonathan's house. I had texted him back earlier on in the week to say that I was considering his apology, and that I also would attend this dinner at his house. I refused his offer to pick me up, I wanted to be able to leave whenever I wanted to.

I had decided to dress casual, but by the time I was finished getting dressed, it was far from casual. I put on a black bodysuit, with spaghetti straps that crossed in the back. I put on some black heels. I even applied some bright red lipstick. I found my oversized leather jacket and threw that on too. I walked out to the living room where I said goodbye to Dani and Joey who were having movie night sans me.

I arrived at Jonathan's house and followed instructions on how to get to his apartment. My palms and in between my cleavage started sweating as I walked along the hallway to his door. I don't know why I was having anxiety about this meeting with Jonathan. I was putting too much pressure on the evening. I hoped all would go well.

I approached his door and knocked three times, then I waited. I heard footsteps, then some ruffling. I narrowed my eyes thinking to myself 'how quick can I take off these heels? And is it too late to run?'. Just as I looked back up the hallway that I came from, the door opened.

First it was his eyes, then his teeth, then his dimples. He only opened the door a fraction so I could see his face and part of his shoulder.
"Hi" Jonathan greeted me as I stood there paralysed to my spot.

"Hi. Holy shit, your face..." I said back, nervously.

"It's not as bad as it looks.Thank you so much for coming. Please come in. Welcome to my humble abode." He said as he opened the door properly, and only then did I notice he had flowers in his hands.

"These are for you" he said as he handed me the flowers and let me in.

I took them and smiled. "Thank you."

"Can I take your jacket?" He said as I strolled passed him.

I took in his apartment. 'Very typical bachelor pad' I thought. I was too busy assessing, or should I say critiquing his home, I forgot he'd asked me a question.

"Hmmm?" I responded absentmindedly. He repeated, "Sophia, can I take your jacket please?"

"Oh ye-yeah. Sure. Of course." I mumbled. And proceeded to take off my jacket.

He wolf whistled when I removed my jacket. Feeling self-conscious, I immediately crossed my arms and narrowed my eyes towards him.

He held his hands up, "I'm sorry... But you look absolutely amazing" , he stated.

I rolled my eyes. "Thank you?"
I'd never really taken compliments well. Joey (Dani's brother) claimed it was something he'd noticed from the day he met me. He tried to psycho analyse me and say it was a mixture of low self esteem, low self confidence and my anxiety rolled into one. I told him he was full of shit and should keep looking for a new career.

"So... How've you been? How was your week?"

"It was okay. Does it hurt? Your eye?"