Chapter 8: Bewitching

Start from the beginning

There was a sound upstairs that made us stop. Ian was breathing just as hard as I and the way he was looking at me... I blushed brightly. The sound of my mother's footsteps upstairs made us jump off the bar. I took his hand, and we hurried out of the house. I was still trying to catch my breathe by the time we reached his car. We went to his side of the car where we couldn't be seen.

"You think she knows?" Ian threw a grin at me.

"I don't know." I shook my head and shifted a smile.

"Well, this is not how I thought the rest of the night would go." Ian looked at me. "But I'm not complaining."

"What did you think was going to happen?"

"Well, since I ruined our first real date by finally kicking Charlie's ass, I imagined you wouldn't want to see me again." Ian frowned.

"Well, I can never say you're boring." I smiled.

"Salem, be serious. No one has ever stopped one of my fights without being hurt themselves. Didn't I scare you?"

"No," I shook my head, "I was scared for you. And you didn't ruin our date; you took care of me like you said you would, Ian. You made sure I was safe."

"I would never let anything happen to you." His face grew dark.

"I know." I smiled up at him.

I shivered from the cold and Ian pulled me closer to him. I brought my hands up around his neck, and his arms snaked around my waist. This kiss was different the other one: it was slow and gentle and tender. I pulled back to look up at him.

"So," I smiled at him widely, "I'm your 'girl' now, am I?"

Ian grinned sheepishly and tightened his hold on me with affection.

"Well, now you have to be. I kind of announced it in front of everyone." Ian shook his head, "You wouldn't leave me hanging, would you?"

"Ah, I don't know." I leaned my head back against the car window, "I think I'll need some convincing-"

Ian's lips were already on mine though. It was so electric: sensations shot through my entire being and everything in me was reaching for Ian. Yes, I was his. I think I was his the moment I saw him in that record store.

"How's that for convincing?" Ian said in a low and sexy voice that made me shiver.

I gave a breathless laugh and snuggled into his embrace. His scent - clean clothing and dark male - was intoxicating, and I buried my face in his shoulder. Ian's face was in the crook of my neck and kissed it softly. He found the spot he had bitten, and nipped it again; it was sensitive and tingling and oh-so wonderful.

"Salem!"

Ian and I jumped at the sound of my mom's voice. Ian grinned devilishly. I hurried out of his arm and stepped out from behind the car so my mom could see us. She was standing on the porch.

"Oh, there you are. I saw the cleanser and bandages on the counter, I got worried."

"Ian hurt his hand." I called back. "I just finished cleaning it."

"Okay," She nodded, "not too long, dear."

"Alright!"

"Goodnight, Blair." Ian waved and smiled his best smile at her.

"Goodnight, Ian." She smiled and went inside.

As soon as my mom was gone Ian picked me up into his arms and sat me on the hood of his car. It flattered me so much how easily he picked me up like I was fragile and light. He spread my thighs, and I shivered from it as he stepped in between them.

"Did I ever tell you how sexy your legs are?" Ian caressed my thighs and used them to pull me closer to him.

"N-no." I shuttered.

"They are. Plump and curvy." Ian practically purred and buried his face in my neck. "I love them."

Ian ran his hands up my thighs and palmed my ample hips and up my waist and around to my back, leaving tingling skin in his wake. My stomach heated and my skin was sensitive.

"What kind of magic are you using on me?" I gasped as he nipped the bite on my neck, making me groan.

"It's you who's using magic." He kissed my collar bone. "I'm your slave now. I'm hooked on you. You're exotic, beautiful. You're bewitching."

I froze at that word. Bewitching. That was dangerously close. But Ian still touch and held me tenderly. And I soon forgot my fear, Ian was safety and I shouldn't feel otherwise. Of course I had to go, but not without about a hundred goodnight kiss.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Ian kissed me yet again.

"But you have to work." I shook my head.

"So do you." He grinned. "Remember we just lost a coworker."

"You don't have to do that, Ian." I blushed with pleasure though.

"You're off your rocker if you think I'm not." Ian frowned, "You're mine, and I won't let anyone treat you wrong."

-Vote Vote Vote!!-